Sussex County Community College is currently looking for a Head Wrestling Coach for its upcoming season. The Head Coach is responsible for preparing and training his/her respective team for strong competition throughout the season. The Coach should have the following qualities: strong knowledge of the sport, strong motivational skills and good communication skills.
- Recruit student athletes.
- Conduct meaningful practice sessions.
- Coordinate match and scrimmage schedules.
- Transport student athletes to and from matches and practices if needed.
- Oversee care of equipment, inventory equipment and make recommendations of purchase of equipment.
- Report match results and information to the local media.
- Keep current and update required websites regionally and nationally.
- Assist Athletic Department to ensure academic proficiency of student athletes.
- Become familiar with the NJCAA eligibility rules, GSAC and Region rules and playing procedures.
- Work within the administrative framework of the Athletic Department in regards to paperwork, deadlines and knowledge of proper outlined procedures.
- Work with match officials and all match day personnel to promote proper sportsmanship and match day conduct with coaching staff, student athletes and spectators.
- AA Degree preferred.
- Previous experience wrestling/coaching required.
- Knowledge of wrestling rules required.
- Valid Driver's License required.
Contact Person: Human Resources
Please send cover letter and resume to HResume@sussex.edu. Sussex County Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective September 1, 2011, the NJ First Act requires that certain classifications of persons employed by a public higher education institution will have 365 days within which to establish a principle residence in NJ. Failure to comply will render the individual unqualified to continue to hold the position. Individuals may seek exemption from the residency exemption committee based on critical need or hardship