Harvard Medical School
The Goodrich Laboratory (goodrich.med.harvard.edu) in the Department of Neurobiology at Harvard Medical School is looking for an independent, flexible, and motivated Research Assistant. Working under the supervision of a postdoctoral fellow, this individual will:
1) section brain and cochlea tissue,
2) stain sectioned tissue for protein expression
3) image stained tissues at the microscope,
4) conduct image analysis, including counting cells and reconstructing neurons,
5) carry out data analysis and statistics,
6) assist with general tasks such as making solutions, placing and managing orders, and helping to maintain lab inventories.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for accurately recording experimental details and communicating effectively about work progress.
One year of related research work experience (relevant course work may count toward some, but not all, required work experience).
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Demonstrated abilities in relevant laboratory techniques with one or more years of experience in the stated techniques preferred. A successful candidate will be responsible, focused, well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to work semi-independently and multi-task efficiently. May be required to work with a variety of hazardous materials.
This is a 12-month term appointment with the possibility of renewal contingent on funding.
Offer contingent upon successful completion of a pre-placement medical evaluation.
Harvard requires COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/ .
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
USA - MA - Boston
403108 Research Assistant I Lab
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
35 hrs. per week | Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.