President & Chief Executive Officer (“President”)
Location : Cayman Islands (KY)
Salary : US$147,819 - US$189,204
End of advertisement period : 20 Mar 2022
Job Type : Senior Management & Heads of Department, Vice-chancellors / Principals / Provosts / Presidents
University College of the Cayman Islands ("UCCI") invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of President & CEO.
University College of the Cayman Islands ("UCCI") is the national public university college, established as a statutory authority. UCCI offers 1,400 students a wide variety of day and evening courses at the Associate, Bachelor and Master's degree levels, as well as continuing adult education and workforce training, through eleven departments and schools.
The President and CEO has overall responsibility for the management of UCCI and for the attainment of strategic goals/objectives of the College in accordance with its mission, as set forth by the Board of Governors & The Ministry of Education. The President further provides guidance and support for the daily operational management of the College as a whole.
President’s Strategic Mandate
The President is expected to continue carrying out the current five-year UCCI Strategic Plan (2019-2024). The new President’s mandate includes:
Leveraging existing and creating new relationships to build and expand partnerships that will enhance the College and support its mission, particularly in achieving enrollment goals.
Seeking and obtaining international institutional accreditation. Developing innovative approaches to achieving financial sustainability and inspiring financial support and creative solutions to the challenges of funding.
Demonstrating disciplined oversight of the fiscal and operational activities of the College.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education required, with a Doctorate (PhD) degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in a higher academic setting.
- At least 5 years of senior executive or comparable leadership administrative position with a demonstrated successful record.
- Experience building collaborative relationships across multiple constituencies (i.e. students, alumni, faculty, administration, governing board, elected officials, community and external strategic partners).
- Visionary leader with knowledge of emerging trends in tertiary education.
- Understanding the unique needs of a community college, including knowledge of the student services, academics, budgets, and departmental operations.
- Exposure to private fund raising and grant writing necessary.
- Desire to be a visible and engaged leader on campus, in the community both regionally and internationally.
- Familiarity with various international institutional accreditations processes.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), in both academic and business setting.
- An understanding of the requirements of operating an educational institution as a statutory authority or in a publicly funded environment.
- A commitment to and respect for diversity with proven ability to advocate for students, faculty, and staff.
- Terms of Appointment
The President is expected to take office on a mutually agreeable date.
An appointment as President and CEO is for a contractual period determined by the Board of Governors.
Continuation of an appointment as the President and CEO is subject to a satisfactory annual performance review and is to be executed in accordance with the Public Authorities Act.
Applicants will submit for review the following:
- A CV with cover letter addressing the characteristics and qualifications;
- A list of five professional references, none of whom will be contacted until a later stage of the search or without formal permission from the candidate.
- Official transcripts will be required in due course for further consideration of employment.
- Candidates will be required to undergo standard background check in the latter stage of the recruitment process.
CI$121,212 - CI$155,148
US$147,819 - US$189,204
- Pension: Matching contributions under The National Pensions Law, i.e. standard 5% Employee & Employer contributions.
- Health insurance: Minimum of employee coverage under the group medical plan & dependents (e.g. family) coverage negotiable.
- Vacation: 25 working days (in addition to a week during the Christmas period when the College closes fully).
- Sick Leave: 10 working days paid sick leave for each twelve-month period.
- UCCI is offering a relocation package for experienced candidates located overseas. The package may include the following:
- Economy airfare tickets for the President and any dependents.
- Transportation of 120 cubic feet of used personal and household effects.
- On initial appointment, cost of hotel accommodation (chosen by UCCI) for the President and any dependents up to 14 days prior to work commencement.
- Car Allowance is negotiable.
- If the President completes the term and obligations of the Agreement, the UCCI will pay for relocation costs of the President and any dependents.
For more information about the position and search, please visit: https://www.cml.ky/jobs/ucci-president/. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until final candidates for the appointment are identified. It is preferred, however, that all nominations and applications be submitted prior to March 10th, 2022.
Application Deadline: March 20th, 2022
Please note: the submission deadline has been extended.
All applications and relevant documents are to be submitted electronically to our HR Consulting partners from CML Recruitment at email@example.com. Please reference this post.