Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire and retain qualified and caring staff and faculty.
- Provide guidance and formal training to all staff and faculty.
- Communicate effectively (by both written and oral methods) institutional and corporate goals/objectives to all staff, faculty, and students.
- Monitor the work of all staff and faculty on a regular basis to ensure quality and accuracy in all tasks performed.
- Hold regularly scheduled weekly meetings with each direct report to gain feedback, gather ideas, assign tasks, and provide direction regarding prioritizing work.
- Attend and significantly contribute to staff/faculty meetings within the school and school director meetings at the corporate level.
- Be (or learn to be) computer literate. Use email and Internet systems proficiently. Ensure that important files are properly saved and backed up.
- Monitor and maintain the institution's computerized data system to ensure that information contained therein is accurate, entered in a timely fashion, and backed up to guard against loss of crucial data.
- Monitor the institution's collection efforts for the purpose of ensuring that students participating in loan programs are making timely payments and students who are late with payments are receiving effective counseling.
- Monitor the institution's default and cohort rates on a regular and timely basis.
- Monitor the institution's placement rates and provide guidance and direction to the institution's career services director on a regular and timely basis for the purpose of meeting institutional goals and objectives.
- Monitor the institution's externship program by frequently visiting externship sites in order to ensure that students are gaining maximum benefit from the experience.
- Monitor educational effectiveness by frequently sitting in on various classes offered by the institution to ensure that each student is receiving quality training and that instructors are following approved guidelines for classroom instruction. Monitor retention percentage in each program.
- Provide computerized reports to corporate management on a regular basis with regard to placement, accounts receivable/accounts payable, cash flow, retention rates, licensure percentages, (for those programs which emphasize licensure for placement purposes),student attendance, and marketing/admission's results.
- Be knowledgeable of and follow all state, accrediting, and financial aid compliance standards in a timely and complete manner and ensure that all other school and corporate personnel are made aware of these compliance standards.
- Maintain and secure institutional procedural manuals and other documentation required by state, accrediting, and federal agencies.
- Conduct and attend regular student services activities including: new student orientation, graduation ceremonies, holiday parties, student education achievement award ceremonies, and provide students with information in areas such as child care and transportation.
- Monitor student attendance/performance for the purpose of ensuring that students are successfully meeting the goals and objectives of each program, and advise and provide guidance to students who are not meeting the designated requirements of the program in which they are enrolled.
- Be readily accessible for meetings requested by students, staff, and faculty and "manage by walking around".
- Assist and support the admission's team by being available to meet prospective new students.
- Create an atmosphere within the school where all staff and faculty are aware that admissions personnel are trustworthy and that it is crucial to the success of the school that everyone is available to assist admissions to bring in new students.
- Monitor marketing and admission's activities on a daily basis.
- Be interested in and knowledgeable of departmental details in all areas of the school's operation.
- Follow all procedures and standards as defined by Education Affiliates Inc.
- Meet or exceed the bottom line requirements of the approved school budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
The Campus President must have a college degree at a higher level than any conferred by the institution and/or at least three years of significant supervisory and management work experience, preferably within the private school industry.