The Community Foundation for Northeast Georgia (CFNEG) is part of a network of over 800 community foundations nationwide. CFNEG was founded in 1985 originally as the Gwinnett Foundation. In 2002 the Board voted to change its name to the Community Foundation of Northeast Georgia to better reflect the geographic scope of its work. Since inception CFNEG has granted over $100 million to nonprofits, increased its assets under management to more than $80 million and granted a record $13.2 million in 2021. In addition to being largest regional funder, CFNEG prides itself in being a leader in community development efforts while also investing in the capacity of our nonprofit’s partners with our education programming.
Improve our world through the power of philanthropy.
The Community Foundation for Northeast Georgia strengthens the communities we serve by providing leadership, addressing community needs and assisting individuals and organizations with their charitable giving.
The President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) works under and with the guidance of the Board and Executive Board of CFNEG. The CEO provides leadership and direction in fulfilling the vision and mission to meet the objectives and strategic goals of CFNEG. The CEO is responsible for overseeing all operations of CFNEG including new fundholder development, current fundholder experience, fundraising, business operations and community leadership.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The CEO works closely with the Board and Executive Board to execute the strategic plan for the organization. The CEO then works with the staff to create an annual business plan to achieve agreed upon goals and objectives.
New Fundholder Development (Drive more revenue)
o Open new funds on an annual basis (DAF’s, Agency, Designated, etc.)
o Promote gifts to the Good2Give Community Fund
o Add development staff to support strategic plan
o Deepen the engagement with the Professional Advisors Network (PAN)
Current Fundholder Experience (Drive more revenue)
o Enhance fundholder experience that leads to increased assets
o Increase Legacy Society membership
Fundraising (Be great storytellers)
o Build and market the CFNEG brand
o Continue enhancing the success of the Good2Give Celebration
o Invest in resources to market CFNEG
Business Operations (Build a strong organization)
o Strengthen the volunteer structure
- Emeritus Board
- Professional Advisors Network
o Invest in volunteer and staff development
o Achieve annual Operating Revenue requirements
o Continuous improvement to enhance the way we do business
Community Leadership (Make an Impact)
o Demonstrate Community Leadership
o Bring focus to the key community issues
o Invest in capacity building for nonprofits through education programming
o Expand the understanding of philanthropy within the community
Knowledge and skills required
- A bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree and/or CFRE certification preferred
- Five or more years of executive level management experience, with nonprofit sector preferred
- Demonstrated ability and success in fundraising development with an emphasis on major gift and planned giving experience
- Track record of working collaboratively with a nonprofit Board and an understanding of nonprofit governance practices
- Strong relationship development skills with the ability to easily work with volunteers, staff and community leaders
- Highly effective communicator with all marketing mediums and comfortable to be the public face of the organization
- Ability to be a catalyst in leading community development efforts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location