Recruiter : UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
Location : Southampton, United Kingdom
Salary : £31,406 to £38,587 per annum
Posted : 08 Mar 2022
End of advertisement period : 21 Mar 2022
Ref : 1735122JF
Job Type : Professional Services, Other Professional Services
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : Full Time
Location: 1 Guildhall Square
Salary: £31,406 to £38,587 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 21 March 2022
Interview Date: See advert
The role is located at 1GS but is currently remote with future remote options.
As part of the Infrastructure Services team you will be joining a team of dedicated specialists supporting and designing complex Infrastructure systems and solutions that are essential to the University core operations.
About the Role
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative and understand the value of delivering reliable and stable services with clear and concise documentation. You will be working as part of a team of highly motivated individuals who are committed to achieving deadlines and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do
- Take a lead on designing and implementing new security infrastructure features to improve our security. A number of these Features will be in office 365/azure/ MS cloud tools
- Take a lead role in the planning of major systems installation.
- Deliver training programmes and mentor technical colleagues of the systems you have deployed.
What you’ll bring
- A high Experience delivering and working with some of the following:
- Microsoft Cloud services
- Security by design
- Office356 /azure infrastructures and security features
- The ability to present your ideas and your specialist area to a wide and potentially non-technical audience.
Interviews are expected to be held the week commencing Monday 28th March.
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance 30+ days, defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages.
At the University of Southampton, we are committed to our strategic principles of collegiality, quality, sustainability and global reputation. The University is committed to addressing equality issues and is a founding signatory of the Athena SWAN Charter, holding a silver-level Athena SWAN award.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Holly Shergold (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 6803, or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 1735122JF on all correspondence.