Lecturer/Teaching Assistant “biostatistics” in College of nursing
Location : Qatar (QA)
Posted : 07 Mar 2022
End of advertisement period : 05 Jun 2022
Academic Discipline : Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
Job Type : Academic Posts, Lecturers / Assistant Professors, Other Academic
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : Full Time
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar, comprising nine colleges and offering the largest selection of undergraduate and graduate programs in the country. Qatar University seeks the highest international accreditations of its academic programs, while ensuring they are aligned with the growing needs of the labor market and the aspirations of the society it serves. It currently boasts a population of over 20,000 students, and an alumni body of over 40,000.
Qatar University launched the QU Health Cluster in January 2017 to provide closer alignment and integration between the health entities at QU. Together, the College of Medicine, the College of Health Sciences, and the College of Pharmacy create a dynamic environment that embraces experts in the education of health care professionals. Areas of collaboration at QU Health include research, graduate studies, clinical affairs, continuous professional development, inter-professional education, engagement and communication, as well as business operations.
College of Nursing
The College of Nursing is the fifth college Qatar University Health Cluster (QU Health). It is fully aligned with Qatar’ s national strategies in Education and Health, as well as Qatar University’s strategic plan. The college of nursing aspires to be a model for education, research, and service excellence and to deliver innovative academic nursing programs, which meet international standards. As national college, we strive to achieve excellence while meeting our mandate, to provide our graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent nurses, to meet the health care needs of this society.
The College of Nursing is seeking to recruit lecturer/ TA at the college of nursing. The appointee will assist faculty members and coordinators in planning, assessing and administering the courses. There will also be some independent teaching, particularly tutorial sessions and student work-groups, in addition to student advisory role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver practical/ lab/ tutorial sessions in biostatistics.
- Under the supervision of the course instructor, teach independently introductory and/or other professional and technical–based sessions.
- Assess and evaluate student assignments/ tests, quizzes, exams/ project and grade student performance under the direct supervision of course instructors.
- Provide academic assistance to students during office hours.
- Assist with senior students' graduation projects.
- Serve on departmental or faculty committees dealing with general departmental and administrative concerns, as assigned by Head of Department.
- Contribute to academic advising and assist in Department/College events
- Support research activities in the department
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
Required Qualifications and Desired Competencies
- Master degree in biostatistics Medical background is preferred. Experience in running tutorials in biostatistics
- Familiarity with educational technologies in higher education
- Research skills and administrative skills
- Flexibility in dealing with various academic and administrative tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with students on an individual basis or in small groups and to liaise with faculty members.
- Arabic language is preferable.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity