Associate Professor of Finance, Education Focused
Location : Sydney, Australia
Salary : $163,000 - $180,000 (negotiable) plus 17% superannuation
Posted : 02 Mar 2022
End of advertisement period : 03 Apr 2022
Ref : 0090389
Academic Discipline : Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance, Social Sciences, Education
Job Type : Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : Full Time
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney Business School is one of the Asia-Pacific region's premier centres for engaged and innovative business education and research. With a highly international outlook, we have over 560 FTE (full-time equivalent) staff and more than 16,000 students (10,695 EFTSL) from diverse backgrounds enrolled in a comprehensive suite of programs including the high-profile MBA.
The Discipline of Finance at The University of Sydney Business School is a primary centre for finance research in Australasia, located in the exciting and multicultural city of Sydney. Our expertise is reflected in our sought-after degree programs, both undergraduate and postgraduate (including PhD), which promote a deep understanding of the key concepts and contemporary applications of finance.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding senior academic as an Associate Professor of Finance (Education Focused) who will:
- develop new and innovative curricula for the Discipline, for example in Fintech, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) or other current topics in Finance.
- assist with the Discipline's growing adoption of analytics within its units
- contribute to technological solutions that assist with teaching finance in a real-world setting and support work-integrated learning in finance
- contribute to the Discipline's research ambitions through publication in high-quality Finance journals, and the development and teaching of PhD-level research units
- actively contribute to the governance of education in the discipline
With a PhD in Finance, you will:
- be a strong mid-career or senior academic with a commitment to teaching excellence and innovation
- have teaching experience and expertise across the traditional and evolving areas of finance
- be able to demonstrate creativity, excellence and leadership in teaching and curriculum design, as well as a drive to develop and support such excellence in others
- be an active researcher, demonstrating commitment to a sophisticated finance education and a record of achievement in research and scholarly activities relating to finance and/or finance education.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is only available for this position for candidates who are currently located within Australia.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 3 April 2022