ENMU-Roswell is seeking a Biology Instructor with the ability and desire to teach any combination of freshman and sophomore level Biology and Chemistry, including General Biology, Biology for Majors, Anatomy and Physiology, and General Chemistry and/or related courses per fall and per spring semesters (day and/or evening/s and/or online), based on institutional need. This is a full-time (10-month) faculty assignment and is a tenure-track position. This position will instruct the equivalent of 15 credit hours per semester at the Roswell Campus. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to teaching, working with a diverse population, and the community and technical college mission. This position reports to the AVP of Arts & Science Education.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for effectively preparing, teaching, grading, and assessing student learning in courses assigned.
- Create and model a quality learning environment to support a diverse student population including students with disabilities or special learning needs.
- The ability to use Blackboard/Canvas for communication and feedback, curriculum development, course design and delivery, and student outcome assessment.
- Working knowledge of learning management systems in addition to face-to-face and innovative technology-based instructional delivery approaches.
- Maintain an emphasis on student success and retention through active and collaborative learning strategies, regular office hours, student advising, institutional service/committee work, community service, and professional development.
- Utilize a variety of technology-based programs to access and input information related to student records and college/school/department processes.
- Assist students with registration, advising, and graduation processes.
- Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and course outcomes.
- Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media and other devices as appropriate.
- Attend in-service sessions, campus/department meetings, graduation and convocation as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Biology OR a master's degree with at least 18 GSH in a combination of the qualifying fields that provide a foundation in the specific subject matter being taught.
- At least two years of teaching experience at the secondary or post-secondary level.
- Experience and interest in working with diverse student populations.
- Ability to use word processing, basis internet applications, basic database navigation, and a learning management system.
- Ability to teach face-to-face, virtual, and hybrid formats.
- Ph.D. in related fields.
- Additional 18 hours in Biology, with experience teaching Anatomy and Physiology
- Experience working at an HSI.