Administrative Specialist II-Advancement, Marketing, & Public Relations
Classification Title : Administrative Specialist II
Campus Location : ASU Beebe
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Provides administrative and coordination support to the Institutional Advancement team, specifically to Marketing and Public Relations. Must have a high level of interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Assists with general office duties including: document management, inventory control, maintain spreadsheets, purchase requisitions, interdepartmental coordination for information and product requests, maintenance of Institutional Advancement master calendar and staffing for special events-both on and off campus. In addition, this position will assist with the processing of information products, data entry, and tracking of conventional social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes incoming and outgoing written office communications as requested.
- Serves as backup support for Institutional Advancement Administrative Specialist III.
- Processes ASU-Beebe requests by ensuring appropriate branding, bundling, and adherence to procedures regarding promotional items. Works closely with requesting departments and purchasing to insure quality and appropriateness of items.
- Maintains promotional items inventory.
- Maintains purchasing and inventory records in accordance with merchandising budgetary standards.
- Contacts new vendors to obtain necessary vendor packet documentation and submits completed documentation to purchasing.
- Enters purchase requisitions.
- Provides monthly budget report for marketing budgets outlining expenditures and outstanding requisitions to Director of Marketing and PR.
- Assists the Institutional Advancement staff in upcoming events as needed.
- Assists the Director of Marketing and PR in maintaining the calendar of upcoming events/projects as requested.
- Maintains excel sheets for PR/Marketing project management.
- Tracks and monitors ASU-Beebe social media for compliance purposes in accordance to the ASU-Beebe Social Media Standard Operating Procedure.
- Maintains and provides spreadsheet of standing calendar events that are pertinent to the campus community schedule for social media posts (i.e. National Nurses Week, National Law Enforcement Day, and National Veterinary Technician Week).
- Proofread and edit materials as needed.
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum Salary or Salary Range : $23,880
- Stand regularly
- Walk regularly
- Sit regularly
- Use hand to finger, handle, or feel frequently
- Reach with hands and arms frequently
- Climb or balance occasionally
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl occasionally
- Talk or Hear regularly
- Taste or smell
- Physical Exertion
- Up to 10 pounds frequently
- Up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Up to 50 pounds
- More than 100 pounds
- Up to 100 pounds
Background Check Statement
This position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry background check. In cases where pre-determined, an additional financial/credit history/ background check may be required as well. Convictions that have been sealed or legally eradicated and misdemeanor convictions for which probation was completed and the case was dismissed, will be excluded. Disclosure does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors such as dates of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, rehabilitation and position applied for will be taken into account.
Background Check Requirements Both
ASU Beebe EEO Statement
Arkansas State University-Beebe shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and shall strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout our campuses for faculty and staff. Our goal is to foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.
Posting Number : C3192014
Open Until Filled : Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Note: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof