Senior Lecturer / Lecturer, Department of Creative Arts
Recruiter : HONG KONG METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY (HKMU)
Location : Hong Kong
Posted : 01 Mar 2022
End of advertisement period : 14 Mar 2022
Ref : 22000B7
Academic Discipline : Arts & Humanities, Art, Performing Arts & Design
Job Type : Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : Full Time
The Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish the Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
The Department of Creative Arts at the School of Arts and Social Sciences is now inviting applications for the position of Senior Lecturer(s) / Lecturer(s). Applications from qualified scholars in the following specialty areas of Creative Arts including photography, computational art and graphics, installation art, interactive/immersive digital art, virtual reality (VR/AR), dynamic simulation and procedural modelling will be considered.
For details of the curriculum, please access the programme website: http://www.ouhk.edu.hk/~asswww/ca/ave_bg.html .
Senior Lecturer(s) / Lecturer(s) (Ref.: 22000B7)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- Planning, development, coordination and delivery of courses (including classroom and/or studio teaching) in photography, computational art and graphics, installation art, interactive/immersive digital art, virtual reality (VR/AR), dynamic simulation and procedural modelling at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Undertaking/engaging in academic research and/or creative production activities;
- Undertaking/engaging in scholarly and professional activities;
- Participating in School/University activities and administration; and
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Dean (A&SS) or his/her nominee(s).
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- A higher degree in a relevant discipline with relevant teaching/professional experience (preferably including programme and course administration);
- Record of research and peer-reviewed publications, involvement in professional and community services & activities; and
- Teaching experience with an interdisciplinary approach will be an advantage;
- A good command of English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Putonghua) ; and
- Forward thinking in terms of programme development, familiar with the industrial practices, and knowledgeable about local and international educational standards in the professions.
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic background, experience and competence in academic leadership, teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
Closing date of application: 14 March 2022
(Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement posted in Feb 2022 need not re-apply.)
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.