TEMPORARY POSITION: The Community College of Vermont in St. Albans is seeking an upbeat dependable person to provide a broad spectrum of administrative services to students. We are seeking a candidate with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a self-managed team. The fast-paced duties handled in this position require flexibility, strong computer skills, solid decision making abilities, positive attitude, excellent communication skills and a willingness to adapt and change to the ever-moving cycles of an academic year.
The hours are 4:30pm -9:30pm Monday through Thursday, and the compensation is $15.00/hr.
- Strong customer service skills
- Aptitude to work independently and as part of a team;
- Comfort supporting students with diverse learning styles and abilities;
- Manage details with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent computer, written, and oral communications skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Provide administrative support to faculty, staff and students:
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Schedule and direct appointments
- Provide technical assistance to faculty
- Provide direction to potential students on admissions process
- Make phone calls and manage text messages to potential students and faculty
- Set up and proctor assessments, make-up tests and Quantitative Reasoning tests
- Handle requests and perform initial problem solving
CCV is committed to non-discrimination in its learning and working environments for all persons. All educational and employment opportunities at CCV are offered without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
CCV is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
All new full-time employees and certain part-time employees will be subject to a fingerprint-supported criminal background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of this check.
START DATE: As soon as filled
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and position will remain opened until filled.
TO APPLY: In order to be considered, please submit a complete application package which includes a cover letter, resume, employment application and contact information for three professional references at: http://ccv.edu/learn-about-ccv/employment