SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a President of the College of Nursing you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research College of Nursing (RCON) that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At RCON, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
About this position:
- Full time, 12 month position.
- 100% Administration
- Reports to the Research College of Nursing Governing Board
- Establish and communicate clear strategic direction for Research College of Nursing
- Implement Board policies and effectively manages the institution
- Provide oversight of all matters related to the College including student services, operations and budget, academic programs, fiscal and physical resources.
- Lead and support a culture of innovation, intellectual inquiry, and mutual respect.
- Serve as a leader in nursing and higher education.
- Assure that the College's program and mission are visible, accessible, and marketed according to best practices in nursing and higher education and in accordance with the College's strategic plan.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of all strategic planning related to the College and its constituent groups.
- Model interprofessional collaboration with all constituents
- Partner with the Research Medical Center Chief Nursing Officer and other leaders in the HCA system to promote educational advancement and improved patient outcomes.
- Secure appropriate resources to support achievement of faculty outcomes in teaching, scholarship and service.
- Maintain fiscal soundness and assure continued fiscal responsibility through an operational planning process which links budget to planning.
- Submit annual budget to the Governing Board for approval
- Approve all personnel appointments and contracts.
- Designate and appoint members to required Research College and Rockhurst University committees and serve as an ex-officio member of the Governing Board
- Set agendas for all Board meetings in concert with the Executive Committee.
- In collaboration with the Dean, ensure program and curriculum development consistent with regional and professional accreditation standards of the Higher Learning Commission, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the Missouri State Board of Nursing, and other regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Oversee onsite reviews by accrediting agencies.
- Prepare reports and presentations for and attends meetings of the RCN Governing Board
- Preside at annual pinning and commencement ceremonies.
Qualifications You Will Need
- Earned Masters in nursing or related field required, doctorate preferred
- Experience in baccalaureate and graduate education preferred
- Demonstrated administrative level experience; prior experience as a nursing dean is preferred.
- Established reputation as a leader in nursing and higher education
- Visionary thinker; excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrates integrity and inspires trust
- Eligibility for RN licensure in the state of Missouri is preferred
The Research College of Nursing is located in the heart of beautiful Kansas City, Missouri that provides a rich community environment, full of educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities for the candidate and family. For more information: https://www.visitkc.com/
Nursing education at Research College of Nursing has a long tradition of excellence beginning with the first group of students in 1905. Evolving into a three-year program mid-century, the training school set standards of nursing education that included a year of college with two years of nursing courses. Responding to the need to elevate nursing education to the baccalaureate level, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program was established in 1980.
Continuing its mission to meet the community's needs and address the shortage at the bedside, the College of Nursing initiated an accelerated program for individuals with degrees in other fields in 1991. The program was among the first 30 in the country. In 1995 the College developed and implemented a Master of Science in Nursing program graduating its first class in 1999. In 2003, the College became the first institution of higher learning to be a part of Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA), providing a strong clinical partner allowing for innovative clinical experiences.
For further information, please take a look at our website: https://researchcollege.edu/
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1