Administrative Assistant II, Workforce and Economic Development
• Associate degree in Business, Office Administration or related degree from an accredited college or university.
• Three (3) years of full-time clerical experience.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum two (2) years full-time working experience in a community college setting.
• Two (2) years full-time experience in the college’s workforce development activities relating to business/industry.
• Clerical experience in the execution, reporting, requisitioning, and invoicing of government funded grants.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions listed are not comprehensive and duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and Google Apps.
• Ability to use technology effectively to accomplish tasks
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Maintain calendars and schedules for individuals, groups, and/or meeting spaces, balancing multiple schedules and priorities.
• Make travel arrangements at the request of division personnel, following Business Office procedures and assist in processing travel documentation after traveling.
• Prepare meeting agendas.
• Prepare, proof and edit correspondences, presentations, marketing/information flyers, and multimedia formats.
• Ability to operate and maintain office machines and equipment, including personal computers, keyboards, multiline phone
systems, copy machines, printers, and fax machines.
• Develop/maintain division web/social media sites in accordance with the college’s public relations policy/procedures.
• Operate and assist division personnel in the use of college electronic resources: email, social media.
• Enter students into all applicable ERP systems (Banner and PRIME) for program courses and training programs.
• Enter students’ grades and credentials/awards into the ERP system for program courses and training programs and close them out.
• Process student requests for transcripts
• Create student Completion Cerificates/Awards
• Add new programs/course into ERP system, in coordination with Student Services.
• Oversee/monitor online continuing education services (currently ed2go and CareerStep)
• Confirm with Business Office to make sure new potential participants don't owe the college before being accepted into
• Complete Individual Training Account (ITA) forms for WIOA students
• Collect program staff timesheets and submit to appropriate area
• Assist the Dean in the preparation of budgets.
• Input and process division requisitions for purchase orders.
• Process incoming and outgoing correspondence, including email.
• Implement and maintain an easy and accessible physical and electronic filing system.
• Answer a multi-line phone system and direct calls accordingly.
• Greet and accommodate all visitor requests appropriately.
• Serve as the primary office contact.
• Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting/invoicing for college, workforce, grant funded, and special projects as required by the college/sponsoring agency.
• Ensure accurate entry of adult education and workforce development data.
• Provide required reporting of WFD performance data to the Office of Institutional Research
• Perform calculations and establish spreadsheets as required for efficient reporting of activities.
• Drive to attend meeting and perform job at required locations.
• Respond to student and business/industry inquires in a timely fashion.
• Maintain and purchase inventory of office supplies, equipment, etc.
• Exercise good ethical and moral principles.
• Discern when confidentiality in work is to be maintained and maintain that confidentiality.
• Communicate professionally in all forms of communications
• Alert supervisor of potential issues or problems incurred throughout the dispensation of all work activities.
• Perform research to gather information, answer questions, resolve issues pertinent to the activities of the division.
• Assist, help plan/coordinate, and attend orientations, graduations, camps, tours, conferences, expos, and special events.
• Coordinate the activities of the Bishop State Testing center as directed by division supervision.
• Coordinate the work of work-study, part-time, and/or temporary employees and ensure actuate time reporting submitted to
the business office.
• Actively participate in the marketing of programs, and the recruitment and retention of students.
• Assist in grant writing and assist in the execution of grants.
• Serve on college committees when requested.
• Attend professional development seminars, training, and conferences as approved.
• Assist in maintaining compliance with College and Alabama Community College System policies and procedures
• Performs other work-related responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Workforce and Economic Development, Executive
Vice President, and/or President.
Essential Job Functions:
Work is generally performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Learned physical skill is required for keyboarding. Frequent walking, standing, or sitting may be required. Working hours may vary and occasional evening or weekend work is required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.
Salary Schedule: ACCS Salary Schedule- E3-04 ($36,745-$51,900)
Position announcements and employment applications are available at www.bishop.edu and by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (251) 405-7052. Application materials may be delivered to the Office of Human Resources, Room 326 of the Yvonne Kennedy Business Technology Center, submitted via U.S. mail to the following address: Office of Human Resources, 351 North Broad Street, Mobile, AL 36603, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications currently on file must be resubmitted for this position. Delinquent and/or unsigned application packets and/or documents will not be accepted. Only complete application packets will be given consideration for employment.
A completed application packet consists of:
• Completed Bishop State Community College employment application (must be signed)
• Letter of interest with reference to the position announcement
• Current resume
• Applicable Transcript with conferred date (While an unofficial transcript may be submitted as part of the application packet,
an official transcript must be received before the date of hire.)
A complete application packet must be received in the Office of Human Resources no later than Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 5:00p.m. More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $17.40 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Bishop State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.