Harvard Medical School
The Chiu lab is looking for a Research Assistant to join the lab to conduct cutting-edge research in pain research and neuroimmunology. We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time research assistant job in our lab. The research assistant will work on a project to study novel ways that neurons interact with immune cells and microbes to produce pain. The work will involve performing animal behavioral research, mouse surgeries, dissections and tissue analysis. The research assistant will work closely with postdoctoral fellows in the lab. The research assistant will also participate in lab administrative duties including ordering of supplies, lab administration support, and animal colony management. Prior laboratory experience is preferred, with good team work and organizational skills
College background and at least 1 year of research experience (relevant research in a university laboratory counts toward experience)
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor's degree, interest in basic science research and organizational skills preferred.
This is a one-year benefits eligible term position, with possibility of extension, contingent on work performance and continued funding to support the position.
Offer is contingent on successful completion of pre-placement medical evaluation.
Harvard requires COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/ .
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
USA - MA - Boston
403108 Research Assistant I Lab
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
40 hours/week | Monday-Friday | 8:00pm to 5:00pm
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.