Director of Research and Planning
Position Classification : Administrator
Sauk Valley Community College seeks an innovative individual for an administrative position as the Director of Research and Planning. The College offers a liberal fringe benefits package and does not deduct FICA from paychecks.
FUNCTION OF THE JOB
Responsible for conducting and coordinating the activities related to institutional research and planning, emergency preparedness planning, federal and state reporting, and faculty and staff professional development. Develop and maintain systems to communicate information related to above responsibilities to College employees, students, community members, accrediting agencies, state boards, and federal agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the Chief Institutional Research Officer.
- Provide overall direction to the College’s research function and collaborate with other SVCC departments to ensure full integration of research and activities.
- Facilitate the collection and analysis of institutional data and serve as a campus data steward to support effective decision-making and policy recommendations.
- Assist in the development or selection and the administration and analysis of appropriate institutional measurement tools (e.g., surveys, SSI , and ETS Proficiency Profile), and make results available as appropriate.
- Coordinate the College’s program review process in accordance with ICCB requirements.
- Serve as Chair of the Institutional Research Board ( IRB ).
- Serve as the institution’s Clery Coordinator (i.e., maintain campus crime statistics and prepare the Annual Security Report). (5%*)
- Coordinate, author, and submit major institutional reports to state, federal, and accrediting agencies and make appropriate reports available on the SVCC website.
- Assist the Faculty Assessment Leader in implementing assessment at the institution and in utilizing assessment data.
- Prepare an annual budget request; manage and maintain the institutional research budget.
- Serve as the Chief Institutional Planning Officer.
- Provide overall direction to the College’s planning functions and collaborate with other SVCC departments to ensure full integration of planning activities.
- Serve as Chair of the Organizational Planning and Improvement Committee ( OPIC ).
- Assist the College in the development, implementation, and maintenance of strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate institutional strategic and operational planning as it relates to the College mission and vision, ensuring that all College departments participate.
- Serve as the College’s liaison officer for HLC accreditation and ICCB recognition.
- Work with the Title IX Coordinator (who is responsible for coordinating the institutional compliance with Title IX and other related discrimination laws) by developing and delivering culturally responsive educational programs for students, faculty, and staff including disseminating educational materials and conducting outreach and training. (3%)
- Serve as Chair of the Emergency Preparedness Committee. (2%)
- Lead the institution’s emergency management planning efforts, oversee the planning section of the emergency report, and maintain the Emergency Operations Plan. (8% )
- Serve as Co-Chair the Violence and Crime Prevention Committee and maintain the Violence Prevention Plan. (2%)
- Administer the annual compliance training program for employees. (2% )
- Coordinate the College’s committee system with the CAO .
- Prepare an annual budget request; manage and maintain the institutional planning budget.
- Represent the College in local, state, and regional organizations and maintain contacts with outside agencies as appropriate.
- Help develop, schedule, and coordinate on-campus professional development activities of faculty and staff, including for Fall and Spring Kickoff events and all workshop days; investigate and recommend off-campus professional development opportunities (e.g., conferences, graduate classes, trainings) for faculty and staff.
- Assist in finding and obtaining appropriate grants that support the college and its programs and serve as a grant writer when necessary.
- Serve as a member of the College’s administrative team, including service on the President’s Cabinet and Leadership Council.
- Serve as night administrator on a rotating basis. (3%)
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President.
- Indicates tort percentages
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be excellent at time management and prioritization.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowing how to operate SPSS is strongly recommended.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
PERSONAL INTERACTION :
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, the general public and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED :
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over the Administrative Assistant to Institutional Research and Planning.
A relevant master’s degree with four to five years of relevant experience is required. Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and public speaking skills required. Knowledge of Illinois State and Higher Learning Commission reporting requirements is preferred.
Hiring Range : $69,680 - $74,048
Position Type : Permanent
Time Status : Full Time
If part time, list the number of hours
Number of Vacancies : 1
Posting Open Date : 02/07/2022
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled : Yes
Special Instructions Summary
Quick Link for Internal Postings
SVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and communities.
- Applicant Documents
- Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- Optional Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Online Portfolio - URL