Who is American College of Education
Founded in 2005, American College of Education continues to be a leader in professional development through our online programs. The mission of ACE is to deliver high-quality, affordable, and accessible online programs grounded in evidence-based content, real-world experience and relevant application that places our students’ needs first.
ACE is a premier organization that is continually recognized for its commitment to social responsibility. In 2016, ACE became a Certified B Corporation. As a socially conscious institution, we believe we have a responsibility to our students, alumni, employees, local communities, and society. We strive to make an impact in the world that goes well beyond our bottom line.
Who You Are
You are passionate about helping students achieve their educational goals. You thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment. You are comfortable working remotely and have experience collaborating with others in a virtual environment. You possess a strong attention to detail.
As an Adjunct Faculty for American College of Education, you maintain a strong academic presence and growth in professional development for teaching, scholarly or creative works, and service to the profession and to the college. You report and work directly under the leadership of the department chair who provides guidance regarding 1) academic and teaching responsibilities, 2) service to students, department, college, and community, and 3) professional development.
What We Look for in the Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and motivation, concern for students, teamwork, and excellent time management skills.
- Follows established processes as outlined by organization and leadership.
- Completes assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skill set.
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
- Capable, and adapts as needed, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel.
- Must support and embrace the College’s B Corp mission to improve the people and communities we serve through our civic engagement initiatives.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and a team-player.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Builds and maintains student satisfaction.
- Recognizes and anticipates student needs.
Day to Day Responsibilities
In this role you will wear different hats, but your skills will be especially essential in the following areas:
Academic and Teaching Responsibilities
An adjunct faculty relates directly to students, handling instructional responsibilities to support, strengthen, and enhance the learning experience.
- Interacts directly with students in an appropriate, professional manner.
- Facilitates a safe and productive learning environment for students.
- Responds in a timely manner to student requests for information, clarification of content, posts, and personal queries, and contacts inactive students as the need arises.
- Oversees the quality of the course by reviewing the functionality and content, ensuring high quality delivery of content.
- Expands the student experience by “fingerprinting” the course content with unique personal experience, insights, or other professional knowledge.
- Monitors and provides appropriate student feedback on assignments within college policies.
- Synthesize and reports student performance data in a timeline manner.
Service to Students, Department, College and Community.
Faculty understand and support professional relationships within the course room, department, institution and beyond.
- Supports the policies, procedures and guidelines of the program and institution.
- Aid student learning of ethical conduct, particularly related to plagiarism and copyright infringement; follows appropriate procedures in reporting infractions.
- Directs students to supplemental resources as needed to enhance their individual skills and abilities.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and leadership of the college including attending required meetings.
- Promotes the vision, mission and culture of the college within and beyond the institution.
- Provides appropriate leadership within one’s individual sphere of influence.
As a demonstration of lifelong learning, faculty pursue endeavors to augment personal and professional skills.
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge of the curricula and industry by participating in leading edge educational workshops/seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies. This includes maintaining a deep knowledge of emerging issues and trends related to the department.
- Ensures the quality of program and course offerings by supporting and promoting research.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Earned a terminal degree and experience in Leadership, Higher Education, Research or Community College.
- 1+ year experience in teaching and leadership in a formal educational setting using both traditional and non-traditional teaching formats, higher education strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing online/virtual professional relationships.
- Evidence of professional research and/or creative endeavors and expertise in the field.
Our Commitment to Employees
Just as we strive to empower our students for success, we also aim to enrich the lives of our employees. For five years, ACE has received recognition as one of Indiana’s Best Places to Work, winning the #1 spot for medium-sized companies in 2020. As a virtual first organization, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a family-like inclusive work environment.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and receive communications from students and ACE employees in real time using online and other electronic media.
At American College of Education, we believe that the best learning environment for students and staff is one in which we encounter viewpoints and experiences that are different, yet complementary to ours. This environment is fostered by the presence of persons with diverse backgrounds. While a necessary precondition, diversity is in and of itself, insufficient. To create and maintain a truly inclusive learning community, we must strive to make all feel equally valued. We may celebrate diversity, but we “live” inclusion.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities. At this time we cannot consider candidates residing in Alaska, Washington D.C., Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Mexico, South Dakota, or Alabama.
ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.