Executive Director, Corporate Law Center
Law School, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The Corporate Law Center at Fordham Law School is the leading academic program in business law at one of the leading law schools in the nation in the field of corporate and financial law. The Center brings together scholars, professionals, policymakers, and students to study, discuss and debate current issues and perennial questions in business and financial law.
Under the guidance of the Center’s Faculty Director, the Executive Director of the Corporate Law Center is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing the activities and initiatives of the Center, including organizing and promoting the Center’s events, managing its budget, coordinating with partner entities both within and outside of Fordham Law School and communicating with the center’s internal and external clients and patrons. The Executive Director will also organize and run events related to business law that promote the Law School’s relationship with the greater business-law community.
- Organizing and running the Center’s two main annual lecture events, the Sommer Lecture, and the DeStefano Lecture;
- Curating and managing the Center’s web page on the Law School’s website;
- Organizing events for student professional development, such as a speaker series in which alumni and other prominent lawyers and figures in the business world meet with students to discuss career paths and prospects;
- Hiring and managing between two and four student fellows who will assist in organizing and running Center activities;
- In conjunction with the Development Office, communicating with external supporters of the Center to publicize the Center’s activities and support fundraising;
- Organizing CLE events on business-law topics to be held at the Law School;
- Assisting the Faculty Director in organizing and running the annual or semi-annual Murphy Conference, and handling travel, lodging and meal accommodations and expense-reimbursement requests for participants;
- Proposing and executing programs for promoting the scholarship of the Law School’s business-law faculty, such as podcasts, or other programs or events;
- Coordinating with the Director of the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic on events of mutual interest with the Center;
- Coordinating with the Law School’s Office of International and Non-JD programs on the development of short courses and certificate programs in subjects related to business law;
- Coordinating with the Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law on events that promote interest in business law among students;
- Managing the Center’s budget and preparing and presenting quarterly budget reports to the Faculty Director;
- Maintaining lists of students, alumni, faculty, lawmakers, and other persons interested in or supportive of the efforts of the Center, and communicating with these persons to advertise events and maintain and raise interest in the Center’s mission;
- Proposing and developing other events and programs to advance the Center’s mission;
- Carrying out other tasks assigned from time to time by the Faculty Director, the Dean, or the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor (J.D.) or equivalent required
- Prior organizational and administrative experience in an academic setting preferred
- Experience with research and development and presentation of educational content
- Background in business, financial law or compliance preferred but not required
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Assistant Dean for Administration
No Phone Calls Please
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories