Racine Community Health Center
The Racine Community Health Center (RCHC) is a community-initiated, non-profit organization looking to provide high quality, affordable healthcare to underserved Racine County residents within the Julian Thomas Elementary School, a public community school, located in the heart of the service area. The RCHC will offer primary medical, dental, and behavioral healthcare services and serve as a first-stop medical home for individuals who are unable to access health care due to limited finances, lack of insurance, lack of access to a healthcare provider, or lack of transportation.
RCHC maintains strong ties to the Racine Public Health Department, local healthcare systems, and community stakeholders who are committed to addressing inequities in access.
RCHC is currently seeking a senior/executive level, independent, innovative, proven leader who shares a passion for developing a start-up Community Health Clinic. This person will be a strategic partner, a leader that drives organizational change, optimizes results, and builds an engaged and cohesive culture. If you are seeking an opportunity to build and lead a primary care organization serving an underserved community, then this is the right opportunity for you. Join our team who is committed to the delivery of the highest quality health care service.
Mission: Create a vibrant community by enhancing healthcare access and quality service delivery to the underserved.
Racine Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RCHC is committed to equal employment opportunity for staff, contractors, volunteers, etc., and strives to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RCHC are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Job Summary & Scope of Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) oversees and directs all aspects of RCHC, ensuring the delivery of patient care services is consistent with the organization’s values and service commitments. The CEO leads and directs the administration of operational programs ensuring RCHC achieves the financial, quality and operational goals established by the Board of Directors, consistent with funding requirements and the strategic plan.
Strategic Planning & Development
Public Relations & External Communications
Lead RCHC pursuit of its vision, mission, and long-term goals, centering on equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI).
- Provide leadership and instill positive energy into staff in support of the overall mission of RCHC; ensuring employees are aligned with the overall strategy of the organization.
- In concert with the Board of Directors, develop an Organizational Strategic Plan which serves as a basis for all other planning and decision-making. Develop an annual Operational Management Plan based on the Strategic Plan and present it to the Board for their approval.
- Lead the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in developing organizational goals and operational plans and budgets in order to provide timely and effective utilization of physical, financial, and human resources. This position is responsible for submitting and explaining the plan to the Board of Directors.
- Assume primary responsibility for ensuring RCHC program planning and development activities are coordinated with the rest of the community clinic system, public health, other health care organizations and community partners.
Quality Health Care Services
- Oversee the annual legislative strategy, communication and marketing plan for the organization.
- Represent the work of the organization on behalf of low-income residents served by RCHC with the larger community.
- Encourage the continued integration of RCHC with the community by implementing and maintaining an effective equity-based communication strategy.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with other organizations, including public policy makers at federal, state and local levels and other health care organizations.
- Establish and maintain liaisons and working relationships with current and potential funding sources.
Finance & Budget
- Strive for excellence in patient experience, population health, cost effectiveness, and work life of staff to ensure RCHC is providing the highest equitable quality healthcare in the region.
- Ensure RCHC has the appropriate risk management program and is properly insured according to Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and other relevant federal, state, local, and industry regulations.
- Work with the Board Treasurer to ensure the development of an operating budget that supports the organization in delivering the highest quality, equitable healthcare to meet the needs of patients and staff.
- Provide leadership and take necessary steps to ensure sufficient financing for development and ongoing operations, as well as the long-range financial viability of RCHC.
- Supervise direct reports consistent with RCHC standards to include guidance in progressive and innovative efforts to evaluate systems and procedures to increase and ensure efficient operation of areas of responsibility.
- Ensure integrated two-way communication at all levels of the organization. This includes communicating regularly with all RCHC staff to keep them informed of organizational goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and new initiatives. Solicit and encourage input from staff at all levels and in all parts of the organization as a way of improving quality and effectiveness of the entire organization.
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to EDI at all levels of the organization.
- Oversee the administration of the organization to ensure Board goals and objectives are met and staff work plans are consistent with those goals and objectives.
- Ensure all requirements are met to maintain FQHC status and HRSA funding.
- Establish formal responsibilities and accountabilities of all members of the Senior Leadership team. Provide regular feedback and ensure each member of the team has an ongoing growth and development plan, and foster a culture of mentoring throughout RCHC.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Team, ensure that all team members have clear job descriptions, robust onboarding and training, and opportunities for growth, development, and advancement.
- On a periodic basis, evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the administrative structure; recommend changes as appropriate.
- Partner with the Board of Directors to enhance its effectiveness in meeting the objectives of the RCHC.
- In concert with the Board of Directors, obtain approval for annual and long-term planning to implement RCHC goals and objectives. On an ongoing basis, evaluate and report on the achievement of annual and long-term growth, service delivery and financial objectives, including Board approved budget.
- Keep the Board of Directors fully informed of relevant, current, or emerging, operational human resources, facility and service issues and trends, in an effort to maintain an open and cooperative relationship with the Board, to enable timely and informed decisions.
- Develop and recommend to the Board, strategies and policy positions to improve the health of the individuals furthest away from society’s benefits and the position of RCHC.
- Provide support to the Board and its committees to facilitate effective execution of Board responsibilities.
Education & Relevant Experience
Qualified applicants will possess a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Administration, Public Health, or related field.
- A minimum of five years in leadership positions, with a health or health-related non-profit organization that includes budget development and management, marketing development, business planning, customer and public relations, healthcare and related programs development and implementation, grant writing and management, and modern standards of Total Quality Assurance and best practices is required. Prior experience in a FQHC is desired.
- Additional consideration will be shown to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience in public speaking, with the ability to present data and other program materials in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience must include a minimum of five (5) years of full supervisory responsibilities, knowledge of reimbursement regulations, medical clinic regulatory compliance that govern non-profit organizations, and community health care. Or, a combination of education, experience, and training that would ensure the successful performance of the duties of this position.
- Solid base of practice in business, management, and human service principles, including: strategic planning, resource allocation, and human resources modeling.
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Demonstrated commitment to providing effective, community-based, integrated healthcare that meets the unique needs of its patient population.
- Visionary leadership, capable of crafting the mission and vision of RCHC. Ability to translate the vision and mission into the organization’s key objectives, priorities, and enduring values.
- Strategic leadership, with demonstrated skill in establishing priorities across a complex organization, delineating plans to achieve those priorities and building consensus.
- Proven success leading change management efforts, while functioning effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Effective administration management, leveraging fact-based analysis, good judgement, and sound decision-making skills.
- Commitment to operational excellence, quality, and continuous improvement in healthcare delivery and outcomes.
- Innovator in generating and deploying novel clinical programs to support good health across the community.
- Demonstrated achievements in the development of creative and collaborative partnerships with external funders and other community partners.
- Highly skilled communicator who will effectively engage with diverse audiences, including the board, providers, staff, community, and political leaders.
- Outstanding listener; one who encourages and seeks to understand varying views.
- An effective team builder who enjoys building and leading a dynamic, diverse team. An investor in the development of the RCHC leadership team.
- Commitment to diversity. Passion for working with culturally, socioeconomically, and ethnically diverse staff and patient populations. Advocate for the promotion of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and modeling an organization that values high integrity and ethics.
- Understanding of public policy and the public policy legislation process related to the delivery of primary care services.
- This is a contractual position which includes an executive base salary.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to undergo a background check.