1. Teach a full load of fifteen (15.0) contact hours per week (in load) in Psychology courses at any of the three college locations.
2. Required to hold three (3) on campus office hour per week to answer student questions related to course contact.
3. Attend Divisional and Department meetings to gain insight and provide feedback in the operation and policies of the Psychology Department.
4. All instructors at the college are expected to arrive to class a few minutes early and stay a few minutes after class to answer student questions and address their concerns. Instructors are expected to come to class well prepared, grade all work in a timely fashion and be willing to listen to suggestions from the Academic Department Chair regarding any adjustments of the course content or pedagogical techniques.
5. Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Dean of Business, Arts and Social Sciences or other designated management
6. Take part in five-year tenure process and performance review.
Additional responsibilities include participation in course and program level assessment, assistance in the development of innovative approaches to enhancing student engagement, increasing diversity, and expanding collaborations with community and academia.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices and open-door policy.
- Has basic proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
Exhibits strong skills in:
- Excellent ability to explain difficult concepts in Psychology
- Student Centered Approach to student learning and outcomes
- Ability to get students to actively participate in the learning process
- Organized presentation of course material
- Well thought out and communicated course expectations, assignments and test dates
- Ability to communicate with the students, faculty and staff
Education: Master’s Degree in Psychology, PhD in Psychology preferred.
Experience: Two years or college-level Teaching Experience in Psychology. Community College Teaching
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code BC-FTP), resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by February 3, 2022. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location