Institutional Grant Director
Department: Marketing and Outreach
Location: Main Campus
Posting Date: 01/14/2022
Closing Date: 01/30/2022
Initial Screening Date: 01/31/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Pay grade level: Grade 16
Compensation: $59,239 - $74,049
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA status: Exempt
Job Code: SI066FTEDIR
Division: Strategic Initiatives and Outreach
Reports to : Vice President Strategic Initiatives and Outreach
Positions Supervised: N/A
Location: Any KCKCC location
Establish, maintain, and administer a comprehensive college-wide grants development program. Works with and/or assists with all levels of grants procurement at the local, state, federal and private levels. Plans, directs, oversees, administers, and evaluates the Perkins Career and Technical Education (CTE) grant goals and objectives with key administrators, faculty, staff, students, and other community agencies. Seek new grant opportunities beneficial to KCKCC that align with institutional mission and direction. Serves as a liaison with external organizations the College contracts with for special grant pursuits and internal personnel serving as Principal Investigators and support personnel.
- Manage, optimize, and oversee all grant seeking efforts and reporting requirements, and recommend actions to enhance KCKCC grant obtaining efforts.
- Strengthen and enhance the grant procurement and administration process, overseeing grant fund-raising, preparing and assistance with preparing progress reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, reviewing grant proposals, managing grant databases, engaging with donor agencies, educating staff on policies, and preparing financial reports.
- Collaborate with KCKCC Grant Coordinator II who “monitors the financial management of grants for the purpose complying with all program and funding guidelines of awarding organizations”.
- Collaborate with KCKCC Grant Coordinator II to document payments and expenditures.
- Research and pursue new grant funding opportunities to meet identified goals and needs.
- Act as liaison between contracted external grant agency (agencies) and appropriate college personnel.
- Lead, develop and prepare Carl Perkins Program Improvement Grant narrative and budget in accordance with Perkins CTE guidelines and submit documents to the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) for approval.
- Monitor requests for purchase to ensure grant funds are properly expended; research vendors using the System for Award Management (SAM) to ensure that vendors have not been suspended and/or debarred.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and year-end annual reports on Perkins CTE grant activities and expenditures to KBOR and maintain all required records; and respond to requests from KBOR pertaining to Perkins—including questions/information about monitoring, expenditures, technical assessments, performance indicators, etc. Coordinate the annual, state-required follow-up data collection for CTE concentrators.
- Facilitate an inventory of equipment and resources purchased through grant funds as required by Uniform Grant Guidance rules.
- Serve as the KBOR point of contact for Perkins and other state initiatives: Employer Engagement Initiative, Outcome Metrics, Core Indicators, and Kansas Technology Internship grant, etc.
- Other duties assigned by VPSIO or College President.
Position Qualifications and/or Education
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in education, accounting/ business management, or related field.
- Two (2) years successful experience in federal and/or state grant writing, management, and reporting.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Master's or higher degree in education, accounting/business management, or other closely related field.
- Four (4) years successful experience in federal and/or state grant writing, management, and/or reporting.
- Two (2) years successful career and technical education grant writing or other administrative experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items.
40 hours per week, the work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hour to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours.
Visit www.kckcc.edu and click on CAREERS for a list of available positions.
Read the job announcement carefully noting the initial screening date, minimum qualifications, and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
If the position lists a required transcript (during the application process) unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process