Student Success Services and Data Specialist - College of Ag and Life Sciences
Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience
Experience working with student information systems
Experience with other technologies used in educational settings
Experience with accessing and/or reporting student success data
Experience working with student success or academic advising
Project management experience
Under the supervision of the Assistant Dean, in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS), the Student Success Services and Data Specialist oversees all business processes associated with the student experience.
Example of Duties
Student record management including adding/changing majors and minors, adding/dropping courses, academic dismissals, reinstatements, and reentries
Degree audit adjustments and curricular matters.
Registration and Classification Committee and CALS Curriculum Committee
Oversee the transition from legacy systems (AccessPlus, ADIN, uAchieve, EAB, Kuali, etc.) to WorkDay Student Information Systems
Retrieval and organization of data relevant to student success within and across the college.
Creation of college-specific databases as well as running custom queries for department and college administrators.
Utilize appropriate statistical and predictive modeling to create meaningful reports from raw data.
Maintain data resources across the university (Tableau, e-Data, and the various office-based resources in the Registrar’s Office and the University Information Technology office).
The successful candidate will
Possess excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
Have the ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, attain goals, and retain confidentiality, diplomacy, discretion, and tact.
Require effective communication skills and capacity to collaborate with faculty, professional advisors, and academic/student support office directors and staff.
• Senior-level position possessing high-level professional and/or technical skills working independently under minimal supervision to support ISU’s mission and department or work unit goals
• Applies senior-level professional knowledge and expertise to work requiring greater latitude
• Solves moderately complex problems and regularly exercises judgment to determine appropriate action
• Regularly exercises judgment to resolve problems and determine appropriate action on a broad set of issue and problems. May provide recommendations regarding problems/issues outside the bounds of defined procedures and practices
• Responds to complicated inquiries, provides training, and provides direction to lower-level staff
• May provide supervision for one to two other staff (i.e., leads a small work team)
• May lead projects for which well-defined practices and procedures may not exist
• Provides guidance to students
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Original Posting Date:
January 7, 2022
Posting Close Date:
January 24, 2022
Job Requisition Number: