Student Recruitment Specialist II
Position will be responsible for leading student recruitment activities to raise awareness of program offerings at Blackhawk Technical College resulting in student enrollment. Position will meet with prospective students individually, in groups, and facilitate large presentations to provide information on programs, enrollment, and career opportunities to prospective students. Position will work with students to transition from prospective to enrolled students. Position will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with K-12 partners.
1. Lead Student Recruitment Activities
- Meet with prospective students individually and in groups to discuss college and career options.
- Maintain a prospective student tracking system, and implement a sequential communication stream from first contact through matriculation. Complete Communication Campaigns, which include calling, texting and emailing prospective and current students. Complete activity reports for tracking and accountability purposes.
- Prepare and develop presentations about BTC Programs, Career Pathways, job outlook, student support services, and college admissions process.
- Provide early outreach to prospective students and their parents with information on the importance of post-secondary education through regular communications.
- Conduct ongoing college access workshops and activities for traditional and nontraditional prospective students. Educate prospective students about career options and educational requirements.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop promotional materials related to BTC programming and distribute materials to appropriate locations.
- Maintain a regular schedule of Admissions Information Meetings and Career Exploration Workshops.
2. Manage Relationships with district K-12 partners including:
- Primary point of contact for specific K-12 partners.
- Build relationships to foster enrollment growth and partnerships with districts K-12 partners.
- Proactively address and resolve issues.
- Identify opportunities to deepen relationships and better highlight BTC program offerings to K-12 partners and students.
3. Conduct College Transition Planning and Blackhawk Equity Access & Momentum (BEAM) Program Initiative
- Meet with high school dual enrollment students individually and in groups to discuss how their dual credit coursework advances them to degree completion at BTC
- Discuss benefits of dual enrollment course participation, such as money savings and shortened time to degree completion post high school graduation
- Encourage underrepresented student populations to participate in dual enrollment courses
- Support underrepresented students’ transition from high school to BTC through workshops and access to resources
4. Lead Recruitment Events, such as Tech Exploration Days, Manufacturing Days, and other similar events.
- Develop content for recruitment events through collaboration with faculty and staff
- Oversee event planning details, such as room reservations, staffing needs, promotional materials, and internal/external communication regarding the event(s)
- Promote recruitment events to K-12 partners and community organizations to increase attendance
- Manage event budget and work with vendors to secure event needs, such as promotional items, food, etc.
- Track event attendance and event yield rates; develop and execute plans to increase event yield rates
- Collaborate internally to write and develop grants that support events
5. Career Planning
- Guide students in making informed decisions regarding educational and career goals.
- Meet with new students to create an educational plan and provide resources to assist in identifying career and academic goals.
- Assist with on-boarding events, such as Smart Start Days and Advising, Registration & Orientation events.
- Respond to student concerns/problems by referring them to appropriate resources.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Science, or related field.
- Two (2) years of work experience in related field.
- Prior post-secondary education experience in recruitment, admissions, advising, enrollment and/or Student Affairs desired.