Deliver My Vote and Deliver My Vote Education Fund Executive Director
Deliver My Vote and Deliver My Vote Education Fund Overview
Deliver My Vote (DMV) and Deliver My Vote Education Fund (DMVEF) are partner organizations dedicated to voting, voting access, and voting rights specifically as it relates to voters’ ability to vote from home. DMV is a non-profit, non-partisan 501(c)4 organization, dedicated to increasing voter turnout within traditionally disenfranchised communities. DMV’s programs are anchored in helping to facilitate the delivery of a voters’ ballot to their doorstep. Through community organizing campaigns, DMV provides tools and resources to help voters cast ballots from home, taking control of their vote, regardless of life’s obstacles. DMVEF is a non-profit, non-partisan 501(c)3 organization to educate the American public on laws and policies that make voting more accessible for eligible voters. DMVEF provides tools and voter education resources to help eligible voters update voter registration, help interested voters take control of their ballot through absentee voting, and support voters in making specific plans to vote.
Position Description – Executive Director
The Executive Director position of Deliver My Vote and Deliver My Vote Education Fund is a unique opportunity for the right individual to continue building on the critical work of these two partner organizations. The Executive Director will be responsible for managing the Board of Directors, along with staff and consultants. Additionally, the ED will be the public face of DMV and DMVEF at conferences, on panels, and in press. This is a truly unique opportunity for any leader who is looking to form the long-term work it takes to change the electorate and voter representation across the country.
The Executive Director will be responsible for managing a combined operational budget for the two organizations of $2.5 million and will drive fundraising to support the goals of both organizations. The incumbent will also support and maintain relationships with existing organizational funders and develop new individual and institutional donor relationships.
The ideal candidate will be an inclusive and inspiring leader who has worked in communities of color on civic engagement and/or voting rights and voting access programs.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in advocacy campaigns, non-profit community organizing, labor, or similar organizations
- Adaptive leadership style with proven capability to problem-solve, navigate complex situations and relationships, and take advantage of strategic opportunities
- Proven track record of successful financial and budget management
- Fundraising experience including a demonstrated ability to raise funds from a variety of sources
- Experience fostering sustainable organizational development
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing a diverse staff; experience with remote management is highly desirable
- Excellent political acumen, judgment, and discretion
- Proven ability to convert visionary concepts into effective strategies and tactics
- Effective communicator in both written communications and public speaking
- Demonstrated commitment to economic, social, racial, and gender justice
- Ability to travel extensively based on both public health guidelines and the status of the pandemic
- Experience with the complexities of running both 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organizations
Successful Candidates will also demonstrate:
- Experience building and sustaining strong relationships with existing and prospective board members, funders, individual donors, and other stakeholders
- Experience building effective partnerships and coalitions among organizations and activists, from the grassroots to national levels
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Desire to develop and grow as a leader with a long term position with an organization that is growing and whose work is critically important to democracy
Salary for this position is highly competitive and is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental and vision, and a 401k with match.
Send your resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and three references.
Preference will be given to applications received before February 15, 2022.
Flexible. Deliver My Vote is headquartered in Washington, DC with Board members and staff working in collaboration from around the country. All work is currently remote.
- - -
Deliver My Vote and Deliver My Vote Education Fund believe that a world where people are educated, lifted, and empowered is a better world for all. We work to embody our commitment to providing opportunities to all people, especially members of traditionally disenfranchised communities, in work, our culture, and our team. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to fostering and celebrating a workplace that holds at its core the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance