About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
General Statement of Duties: Participates in all aspects of library services. Provides reference, bibliographic instruction and information literacy services. Initiates faculty outreach. Participates in collection development.
Supervision Received: Reports to Director of Library or designate.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides reference support to students and faculty using print and online resources.
- Instructs individual library users in the use of library resources and services.
- Provides group-training/instruction sessions for students in effective use of print, database and Internet resources for student success.
- Prepares and presents library tours, orientation programs, and tailored bibliographic and information literacy instruction.
- Serves as a member of the Academic Liaison Program providing outreach, support and instruction / research assistance for assigned programs.
- Through the liaison program, initiates outreach to faculty on the ways that library services and resources can assist them in classroom and distance learning instruction.
- Participates in collection development responsibilities including assessment, weeding and selection of new print and online materials.
- Collects library use statistics. Participates in interpreting statistics and recommends plans of action.
- Performs inter-library loan functions using online utilities.
- Circulates library material.
- Manages electronic resources.
- Participates in outreach and promotion of Open Education Resources
- Directs library assistants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ALA accredited Master's Degree in Library Science with coursework in reference, the use of non-print materials and automated/online/Internet based services and bibliographic/information literacy instruction.
- Working knowledge of Library Science techniques.
- Working knowledge of basic computer business applications.
- Working knowledge of automated library systems. Knowledge of Koha is a plus.
- Ability to relate library collections to college curricula and course programming.
- Leadership skills and analytic skills are essential as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service and outreach orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work with adult, multicultural and multilingual student population required.
- Knowledge of Camtasia and Captivate preferred.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Working experience in a community college setting.
- Two to Three (2-3) years experience.
- Knowledge of library assessment techniques and tools.
- Knowledge and promotion of OER use at the campus level.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Compensation: Roxbury Community College offers competitive salaries and full benefits according to the guidelines and procedures of the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement. The range of the salary for this position is $59,244 to $69,336, commensurate with the qualifications and years of related experiences.
Please note that this is a Full-Time benefitted union position.
The person in this position will be required to work evening hours along with a requirement to work Saturday. .
Salary is commensurate with experience and education from $59,244-$69,336
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation. Including but not limited to:
- Reasonable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
To be considered for this position, applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and three references.
All offers of employment at Roxbury Community College are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.