Organization: The Wild Animal Sanctuary Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Location: Keenesburg, CO (East of Denver) NO Remote opportunities available, on-site/in-person work needed
Type of Job: Full-time, Exempt w/ 90 Day Probationary Period
Salary Range: $110,000-$140,000 (DOE)
Benefits: After 90 Days Health-Humana, Dental & Vision
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
Primary Function: IT
Date Posted: 10.11.2021
Date Open: Until Filled
Organization Description: The Wild Animal Sanctuary is a place where motivated changemakers can immerse themselves into a dedicated community, working side by side to provide a safe haven for rescued animals to live out the rest of their lives with dignity and respect. We are so much more than a workplace. We are a team committed to service, to bettering our communities, and the world. We are always seeking new opportunities and developing solutions that allow us to maintain the highest level of care for the animals we rescue, as well as educate the public about the plight of captive-born and bred animals worldwide. As the oldest and largest nonprofit carnivore Sanctuary in the world, our visionary approach is simple: EVERYTHING we do is for the animals.
Job Description: The Wild Animal Sanctuary (TWAS) is seeking a highly organized self-starter with excellent attention to detail to be TWAS’s next Information Technology Director (IT Director). The IT Director is a hands-on role creating an effective and efficient workplace that supports the information technology needs of a mid-size nonprofit animal rescue organization in the plains region east of Denver.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the IT Director is responsible for the overall planning, execution, and ongoing support and troubleshooting of information technology (physical and virtual) within the organization – including recommending practical solutions, implementing best practices, creating policies and procedures, and leading organization-wide efforts to improve effective use of technology to ensure current and future needs. Hardware and Software installation knowledge is required along with internal server troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Order and configure new computers for staff, configure (“clean”) current computers before moving between staff, maintain computer and technology health, track computer/technology inventory list and warranties, order and install hardware and peripheral components.
- Set up and management of microwave transmission and commercial radio communication networks.
- Set up and maintain networks (wireless & wired) and video/security equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot computer, antenna and other technology problems, coordinate warranty repairs, provide updates to supervisor and/or users as needed.
- Maintain various software accounts and software licenses – Microsoft, Adobe, LastPass, etc. – order and install new software.
- Administer and maintain (users, permissions, etc.) Microsoft Exchange email system, anti-virus/cybersecurity and other protection software on all computers, cloud-based server, VOIP phone system, and other software/cloud products.
- Troubleshoot computer-installed or virtual/cloud-based software and programs, provide updates to the supervisor and/or users as needed.
PLANNING & POLICIES
- Maintain and update IT and cybersecurity policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintain and keep updated IT Support Manual.
- Plan and prioritize organization’s technology needs with an eye toward multi-year technology planning and participate in technology budget planning.
- Research, develop, and implement new technology and systems to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve staff effectiveness.
- Maintain accounts with TWAS’s Internet Service Providers.
- All other duties as assigned
- Proven experience with progressive responsibilities, covering user support, network administration, and/or technology implementation.
- Thorough understanding of computer information system (CIS) principles, policies, activities, and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and organize, juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize workload under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable providing in-person or virtual (phone, email, text, etc.) support and troubleshooting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability and patience to explain technical problems and offer solutions to those without technological training.
- As needed travel to TWAS’s Wild Animal Refuge in southern Colorado.
As you can see, we are looking for people who possess strong foundational skills with an attitude to succeed. If you are looking for a challenging and a rewarding service opportunity with real purpose, you have found the right opportunity!
The above Job Description is intended to describe the general duties/nature of the level of work being performed by the Information Technology Director. This Job Description is not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and skills required. Job Descriptions are somewhat fluid and will change depending on the Organization’s strategic direction and overall objectives accordingly.
Decisions for applicants are weighted heavily by 70% of qualifying factors, they are based on the evaluation of core values such as but not limited to; Solid work ethic, following direction, solid judgement, dedication, positivity, flexible, and being able to balance working independently/teamwork effort.
Our Non-Profit organization, "The Wild Animal Sanctuary" is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, non-gender identity, national origin, and/or veteran or disability status