Full-time, 12-month administrative position reports to the President. This position plans, oversees, organizes, and directs the activities of all instructional programs, including transfer and career and technical degrees, diplomas, and certificates and general education coursework offered in support of these programs. The position oversees the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and the college Library and provides essential staff assistance to the College President and Board of Trustees on issues related to areas of supervision.
Location Washington, NC Full-Time/Part-Time Full Time Type of Position Professional Minimum Qualifications
General Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Experience: Five years of increasingly responsible academic program administration and teaching experience and supervisory experience at the dean’s level or above.
Education Requirements: Doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) from a regionally accredited college or university.
Experience with Colleague (Ellucian ERP).
Residence in BCCC’s service delivery area is preferred.
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the position:
1. Develop, plan, implement, and administer academic and administrative goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures necessary to provide assigned services and functions to College departments, programs, and services; recommend and approve new or modified systems, policies and procedures.
2. Provide strong leadership in academic program development and academic program evaluation.
3. Oversee the activities and operations of all academic related programs to ensure that the Division’s operations support the goals and objectives of the College and the needs of the student population.
4. Oversee the instructional component of the college’s comprehensive student success agenda.
5. Analyze data and make data-driven decisions regarding the continuous improvement of the college’s academic programming array.
6. Maintain awareness of current developments and trends in management, higher education, and fields related to assigned functions.
7. Maintain an effective, collaborative, and collegial work environment through team building and positive reinforcement techniques at all levels of supervision, planning, and implementation.
8. Oversee the College’s accreditation and licensure processes for required programs, budget requests, and periodic reports; research and prepare detailed reports on a variety of College management topics.
9. Participate in the review and approval of specifications for new buildings, renovations, and leased property and temporary facilities for assigned College programs and activities.
10. Direct the curriculum, library, and institutional effectiveness review processes; review and approve new programs and services; make changes in existing programs and services; determine and relate resource allocations.
11. Select, train, motivate, and evaluate academic, library, and institutional effectiveness personnel and staff; establish and monitor annual employee performance objectives/goals; prepare and present employee performance reviews; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
12. Direct the development and administration of the budget for assigned functions; direct the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures.
13. Serve as liaison to public and private K-12 schools, home school groups, and institutions of higher learning regarding facilities, academic programs, cooperative projects, and other matters of mutual concern, especially with respect to dual enrollment.
14. Supervise enrollment reporting and accountability functions; evaluate productivity reports and prepare recommendations as needed.
15. Direct and oversee the strategic planning function within Academic Affairs; ensure conformity of programs and activities with the college’s strategic plan.
16. Represent the College at community, state, and national meetings and functions.
17. Perform internal audits to maintain compliance with the North Carolina Community College System program/FTE audits.
18. Counsel and advise students, faculty, and staff on a variety of academic and administrative matters.
19. Effectively market College programs and to students, businesses, and other potential partners.
20. Serve as a contributing member of Senior Staff to solve problems, address challenges, and position the College to take advantage of opportunities.
21. Comply with the college’s policies and procedures.
22. Perform related duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the College President.
FLSA Exempt Estimated Hours per Week 40 Salary Competitive based on credentials and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
If on the day of the application deadline, you have requested, but not yet received your transcripts, you may attach a copy of the transcript request form/confirmation in the “unofficial transcript 1” location in order to submit the application before it closes. If we have not received your transcripts prior to the date the selection committee begins reviewing the applications, you may not be considered for this position. If you have applied recently and think your transcripts may still be on file with the BCCC HR Office, you need to call (252) 940-6404 to confirm.
Beaufort County Community College serves a 2,100 square mile service region comprised of four counties (Beaufort, Hyde, Tyrrell, and Washington) in coastal North Carolina. BCCC maintains a 126-acre main campus in Washington, NC, and centers in Engelhard, NC, and Roper, NC. The college enrolls over 2,100 unduplicated headcount students per year in its credit programs and approximately 4,100 unduplicated headcount students in its continuing education programs. The college places a strong emphasis on achievement of student success outcomes within a collegial, collaborative, and welcoming atmosphere