The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for providing leadership and direction in overseeing strategic planning and operation of the organization, in support of organizational mission and goals. Provides leadership, direction, and support to the board of directors in developing organizational goals, attaining/allocating and managing resources, and establishing policies. Provides leadership and direction to staff management and partnership development in carrying out the key roles.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities)
- Ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs withing the Club and community:
- Support the organization's mission and principles
- Maintain an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes
- Implement programs, services, and activities that support youth development outcomes
- Establish and monitor adherence to policies and procedures
- Implement a strategic planning process that results in the development and implementation of a quality strategic plan.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement and implement plans for improvement.
- Identify, recruit, and develop effective board members.
- Ensure active participation by board members and support effective board roles and functioning. Ensure Board committees are provided with the information and support necessary to fulfill their objectives.
- Ensure the annual budget is funded and organization has adequate cash flow.
- Develop strategic plans to generate revenues through a variety of fundraising techniques. Identify, cultivate, and solicit donors. Oversee planning and implementation of special events.
- Provide guidance to staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the Club's annual budget
- Implement administrative and operational systems to support effective operations.
- Ensure productive and effective staff performance, providing guidance, feedback, and opportunities for professional development.
- Develop and implement plans for updating existing technology and resources:
- Ensure the acquisition and allocation of funds for implementing and updating existing technology and resources
- Ensure the maintenance of Club technology and information management systems.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders an local officials. Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders, and community organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs, services, and activities and maintain good public relations.
May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors.
Internal: Maintain contact with Board of Directors, Club Staff, volunteers, and club members.
External: Maintain contact with potential donors, external community groups, parents, school officials, parents, and others as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- A minimum of three years' experience in managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency or Boys and Girls Club or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs, and procedures of the Boys & Girls Club; the principles and practices of managing non-profit organizations; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement effective operations.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.