University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nutrition
Section Head: Associate Professor or Professor - Open Rank
Position #00609384– Requisition #24242
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nutrition has an opening for a full-time Section Head: Associate Professor or Professor - Open Rank position.
Nature of Work:
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is one of the nation’s premier academic pediatric programs. Its clinical and educational programs are consistently rated among the top 10 nationally by US News and World Report. The Department is also a leader among Child Health research programs ranking third in the nation in the most recent listing of top National Institutes of Health funded Pediatric Departments with over $57 million in active NIH awards. The Department is seeking qualified candidates for the Head of the Section of Pediatric Nutrition at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and Children’s Hospital Colorado.
We are seeking a leader with a vision towards advancing clinical care, research, and education to further the mission of the Section as a premier program for pediatric nutrition. The Section of Pediatric Nutrition has a diverse faculty with a balance between clinical services and research. There are approximately fifty faculty, fellows, postdoctoral fellows, research personnel and staff. As the largest medical center in the western region providing such broad expertise, the section is the referral center for children and adolescents for much of the western U.S, encompassing the Growth and Parenting/Nutrition Clinic, the LIFEstyle-Medicine Program, Nutrition Seminar Series, NIH T32 Research Fellowship, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Dietetic Internship, and Pediatric Clinical Obesity and Nutrition Fellowship. The Section Head will be responsible for ongoing program development, overseeing clinical practice programs, enhancing the multi-disciplinary clinical and research programs, overseeing the fellowship program, and fostering strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates must possess a doctoral degree (MD, DO, PhD or foreign equivalent) with proven collaborative leadership experience. Preferred is an individual with outstanding experience in clinical program development, a strong clinical practice background, an accomplished academic record, significant accomplishments in research, mentoring, administration, and service, and experience within a high-functioning academic pediatric program. A successful candidate must have demonstrated excellence in mentoring and working with faculty, administration, and trainees from a wide range of disciplines, cultures, and academic backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
- Oversees the programmatic and financial operations of the Section to ensure financial and human resources are available to support research, clinical care, educational, and advocacy/policy activities.
- Develops innovative clinical, educational and research programs to enhance the local standing and national reputation of the Section.
- Directs the Section’s educational and clinical training programs, inclusive of residents, medical students, fellows, and post-doctoral researchers. Provides oversight of the Pediatric Nutrition T32 Program.
- Supports faculty recruitment and the infrastructure for faculty development.
- Builds and maintains partnerships with affiliate institutions and community organizations locally, nationally, and internationally, including direct collaboration with Children’s Hospital Colorado Leadership, such as the Director of Clinical Nutrition to support clinical RDs and the Medical Director of Lifestyle Medicine Clinic.
- Facilitates collaboration among faculty members to expand research funding and diversify research funding sources.
- Directs and strategically expands nutritional clinical patient care operations in both inpatient and outpatient settings, including credentialing review and approval of all faculty in pediatric nutrition
- Establishes strong metrics and outcomes for clinical and academic performance.
- Partners with the Children’s Hospital Colorado Foundation to develop community philanthropic support of nutrition programs and initiatives.
- Facilitates faculty wellness and overall job satisfaction, leading to high faculty retention.
- Oversees departmental compliance with regulatory requirements and quality improvement.
- Performs initial and ongoing performance evaluations and provides guidance through the academic promotion process.
- Facilitates collaboration across all mission areas with other sections within the Department of Pediatrics, as well as other departments within the University of Colorado School of Medicine and other health sciences related units.
- Provide leadership and support for Section, Department, and University Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives and programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) has been established at :
- Associate Professor: $200,000 - $225,000
- Professor: $275,000 - $295,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services .
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits .
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.