INROADS is a non-profit organization that creates pathways to careers for ethnically diverse high school and college students across the country. We position our graduates to advance in their careers and we help employers foster diverse and inclusive workplaces.
INROADS envisions a world where leaders enrich the composition and culture of business and social communities through diversity and inclusion.
The mission of INROADS is to deliver innovative leadership development programs and creative solutions that identify, accelerate and elevate underrepresented talent throughout their careers.
The Director of National Initiatives will report to and work closely with the Chief Impact and Strategy Officer. This position will be responsible to start up and lead newly funded projects that will build on and scale up the work of INROADS.
· Oversee the design and implementation of a new, multi-year initiative, including collaborating with interdepartmental colleagues to align with grant expectations and developing a new cohort experience for students.
· Identify and design new initiatives that are accretive to INROADS existing work and ensure young people of color have the skills and support they need to thrive in the workplace.
· Create a project management system for all new incoming projects.
· Represent INROADS with external partners, including HBCUs, enhancing existing and cultivating new relationships.
· Ensure that all new projects are in alignment with funder goals and desired outcomes. Manage funder reporting requirements.
· Manage projects, budgets, and grants across initiatives to ensure efficient, high value programs.
· Develop and oversee tracking and reporting, including the planning and integration of evaluation mechanisms, capturing, and leveraging learning, and disseminating results.
· Provide counsel and input to the Chief Impact and Strategy Officer.
· BA degree required, Master's degree preferred.
· A minimum of 7 years of national level-experience in a similar role in education, mentoring, job training or nonprofit management.
· Self-starter who is comfortable working as part of a remote team independently in a fast-paced, national nonprofit.
· Excellent organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to see projects through to completion
· An ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in written and oral forms– leveraging data, narrative, and intrinsic passion to motivate, persuade, and mobilize a diverse range of stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills to effectively engage with leadership, staff, alumni, and volunteers.
· Experience in project management and using online tools to effectively oversee activities and timelines.
· Practical experience with MS Office.
· Entrepreneurial: An individual who can confidently lead the process of identifying and developing national initiatives and cultivating new partnerships that will create dynamic opportunities for underrepresented students to build networks, gain career building skills, secure paid internships, and set them on a sustainable, professional pathway.
· Highly Organized. A systems thinker who can lead multiple projects and prioritize appropriately to produce high-quality results quickly and on time. You create clear and logical systems and processes to support your work and that of your team.
· Committed. Someone passionate about and have demonstrated interest in increasing racial equity and understand the need to open up opportunities for young students of color who are seeking to lay the foundation for long and successful careers.
Three (3) year grant funded.
$100,000.00 - $155,000.00 annually commensurate with education and experience
INROADS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, INROADS pledges to take the necessary action to preclude
discrimination in recruiting, employment, training, disciplining and/or terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or other reason in accordance with all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations which prohibit discriminatory personnel practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- training, mentoring, education and/or Nonprofit Management: 7 years (Preferred)
- Project management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote