The Nashville Technology Council, is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit association of technology leaders working together to further promote, strengthen and grow the technology sector in Middle Tennessee. NTC Foundation, a 501(c)(3), that will be guided by a committee that will include the President/CEO. Membership is open to technology companies, employers, service providers, educational institutions, and non-profit companies interested in supporting the growth of technology businesses throughout Middle Tennessee.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President & CEO will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Nashville Technology Council (NTC) direction over all aspects of the association, including Board Relationships, Administration, Membership Development & Retention, Program Development, Communications, Economic Development, and Advocacy.
The Greater Nashville Technology Council is the catalyst for creating America’s premier collaborative and inclusive tech community. We are the leading voice and advocate for Middle Tennessee’s $8 billion technology ecosystem – and the 60,000 technology professionals who design, implement, manage, and safeguard the technology that powers our region’s economy. Our mission is to lead greater Nashville into the world that is becoming.
We are looking for an executive to lead the transformation of the NTC from its current stage to a more mature organization capable of accelerating this growth curve and expand our programs to reach more of our community. This leader will continue to shape important initiatives and relationships with our technology community, business leaders and public officials working towards our collective goals of connecting, uniting, developing, and promoting our community.
Leadership & Management:
· Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
· Actively engage and energize NTC volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
· Create open lines of communication both internally with the team and externally with the community. Engage in open discussions on vision and the future of NTC.
· Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing local operations
· Lead, coach, develop, and retain NTC high-performance management team and ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
Fundraising/Business Development & Communications:
· Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion while effectively maintaining a healthy P&L
· Business development mindset, foster current and existing relationships to invest in the future of the organization.
· Develop and grow the membership base - continuously evangelizing the Council’s offerings to the business community.
· Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
· Ability to generate respect and support from, and to build consensus among, a wide range of constituencies.
· Be active, engaged and influential within the Middle Tennessee business community such that the President/CEO is sought out to participate in any community initiative related to technology.
· Expand and aggressively market Sponsorship and Program offerings in support of customer and community needs.
· Partner with the Board of Directors to raise funds to support NTC’s mission.
· Connect and partner with other Technology Councils, Communities and Associations nationwide to share best practices and drive continuous improvement, resulting in a strong ROI for all members.
· Partner with the Board of Directors to establish, set, and measure the primary management objectives and targets for the association.
· Continue to develop and extend the NTC brand both via personal and professional networks.
· Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
· Be an external local and regional presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program
The ideal candidate will be thoroughly committed to NTC mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience with a minimum of 10 years of progressive management & leadership experience in a technology related role or business. H/She will be recognized as a leader and influencer/connector within their community with the proven ability to develop, implement, market & sell business strategies, plans and processes.
· Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required with an advanced degree, ideally an MBA, desired with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
· Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
· Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
· Continue to build and develop the team to achieve this commitment which includes hiring and retaining a talented staff and creating a collaborative work environment where individuals are empowered and energized
· Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
· Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
· Solid understanding of the technology industries, key leaders, trends, and issues.
· Proven ability to work effectively with industry leaders, senior executives, government officials, community leaders, academic institutions and the media.
· Be an active leader in education, innovation, exposure, and connections to the technology community.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
· A passion to teach, nurture and develop future leaders. Energized by “connecting” technology leaders within the community.
· Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
· Passion, idealism, integrity, ethical, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
· Embrace the “Servant Leader” mentality.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance