Events Coordinator Sr
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communication, the Events and Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, production and marketing of the school’s wide variety of events, meetings, conferences and seminars. In addition, the position will assist with some other areas of marketing, as well as posting general day-to-day updates of content to the School’s web site.
The ideal candidate will bring previous events management and marketing experience. Required skills include excellent organizational capabilities and the ability to manage multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate should also demonstrate a passion for higher education and the university environment, with high level attention to detail, a commitment to excellence, and the ability to navigate shifting situations and last-minute changes.
Theatrical & Public Events
School of Math & Stat Sciences
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$46,000-$48,000 per year, DOE
- Ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment where all community members have a high-quality experience (community members include faculty, staff, students, high-profile guest speakers, university leaders, donors, visitors and others).
- Serve as representative and point of contact at events on-site, off-site, virtual and hybrid, with university departments and external community
- Serve as primary coordinator of the School’s signature events and programs, including Fall Welcome, Coffee Break, Breakfast For Your Brain, Cryptorally, ASU Math Day, Mathematics and Statistics Career Day, Actuarial Science Career Day, ASU Homecoming Block Party, Holiday Party, Wexler Senior and Junior Mathematical Dinners, ASA DataFest, Pi Day 5k Run, Celebration of Women in Mathematics, Spring BBQ, ASU Open Door, School Scholarship and Awards Ceremony, Charles Wexler Awards, and more.
- Work with faculty, staff and student clubs and external clients to coordinate hosting of meetings, seminars, colloquia, conferences, workshops and other events at the School
- Plan, maintain and track all event logistics including, but not limited to: scheduling, facilities, registration, maintaining online reservation systems and tracking RSVPs, participant communications, collateral materials, staffing, tracking attendance, obtaining photo releases, producing name tags and check-in sheets, vendor selection, contract negotiation, catering and food services, janitorial services, room set-up and break-down, audio-visual and computer equipment, outside vendor management, and special needs accommodations to ensure delivery of successful, effective and smooth events.
- Develop event planning expertise, especially as it pertains to using the School and University spaces and approved vendors
- Track purchases, invoices, and payments of vendors
- Maintain and track budgets on all events, in accordance with objectives and funding parameters
- Stay current on University policies and procedures and assist with ensuring these guidelines are followed
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with a positive attitude and demeanor, especially when interfacing with internal and external guests
- Organize and lead event planning meetings to share and obtain information, activities and details for specific events
- Request and oversee activities of student workers assigned to events, including set-up, break down, clean-up, and re-set
- Track items stored in the events storage areas and submit and manage orders for replenishing supplies.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communication to conduct post event analysis in order to suggest future changes and identify areas of opportunity
- Maintain events and meeting room calendars and actively communicate with the appropriate teams to constantly provide real time updates in relation to events and other bookings
- Responsible for keeping event related School website pages up-to-date and reflective of accurate event information
- Post special events on ASU Events web pages, when needed
- Assist with marketing of events, such as flyers, posters, email communications and other materials, under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communication.
- Assist with posting general day-to-day updates of content to the School’s web site.
- Assist with special projects and other duties, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND three years of facility and/or service administration and coordination experience; OR, seven years of progressively responsible experience in facility and/or service administration and coordination; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Acrobat.
- Familiarity with ASU branding
- Experience working in academic settings
- Experience in photography skills
- Drupal experience
- Experience with design and technical skills working in Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign are a plus
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Activities performed in both outdoor and indoor settings, subject to extended periods of sitting, frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds, as well as stand for varying lengths of time and walking moderate distances to perform work.
- Lifting and moving as associated with set up and break down of events.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals, and electric cart.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences (SoMSS) at ASU is currently home to about 60 tenured or tenure-track faculty members, 60 instructional faculty, 5 postdoctoral associates, 190 graduate students, 750 undergraduate student majors, and 20 staff members. The School teaches courses to over 20,000 undergraduate students each academic year. SoMSS recently started a new undergraduate degree program in data science. The School also offers bachelors, masters, and doctoral programs in applied mathematics, mathematics, statistics, and mathematics education, as well as undergraduate and masters programs in actuarial science. SoMSS has a strong interdisciplinary research profile that includes numerous collaborations inside and outside the university, such as in the biological, environmental, medical, physical and social sciences, education, and multiple areas of engineering. More details can be found at math.asu.edu.
Arizona State University serves more than 60,000 students at its Tempe campus, welcoming students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe. ASU is located in the rapidly growing metropolitan Phoenix area, which provides a wide variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. Livability recently ranked Tempe the top college town in the country, thanks to its youthful population, career options, wages, housing and things to do. US News and World Report also ranked Phoenix #19 in 2018 on its list of Best Places to Live. The ‘Valley of the Sun’ offers beautiful scenery and miles of hiking, biking and riding trails, as well as camping, rafting and skiing just a short drive away.
For the seventh year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative university in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all seven years the category has existed.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion's webpage.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.