SUMMARY & MISSION STATEMENT:
Midwest Food Bank (MFB) is a $380M non-profit organization with 10 divisions in the U.S. and 2 operations internationally. MFB operates with $57M in assets and an annual organizational operating budget of $14.6M to distribute over $400M in food and disaster relief boxes to over 2,000 agencies.
As a faith-based organization, it is the mission of Midwest Food Bank, NFP to share the love of Christ by alleviating hunger and malnutrition locally and throughout the world and providing disaster relief; all without discrimination. Our vision is to provide industry-leading food relief to those in need while feeding them spiritually.
JOB ROLE PURPOSE & SUMMARY:
The Executive Director leads the Indiana division located in Indianapolis. The Executive Director will be responsible for leading the ongoing fundraising and operations efforts by engaging and empowering the division’s employees, volunteers, donors, and board members.
The Executive Director provides key interface with the Division Advisory board, division employees and volunteers, and the MFB National organization. The Executive Director will maintain clear and appropriate communication with the Divisional Advisory Board members. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring food service programs are executed with efficient use of the facilities, employees, and volunteers. The Executive Director will support MFB budgeting, reporting, system, tax adherence, and other requirements for a non-profit. The Executive Director will represent MFB to the community and will develop strategic relationships to advance the MFB mission.
- Supports Operations and Warehouse roles to manage network for food procurement and distribution of $50M annually.
- Supports Community Relations role to connect and build donor support for $1.3M operational budget.
- Supports Agency role to maintain and build relationships with 300 food agencies.
- Supports Volunteer role to underpin division operations and specific needs through volunteer engagement.
- Develop and build local brand awareness, donor base, and financial support.
- Oversee campus, property, and facility care, safety, and maintenance.
- Active in donor relationship building, fundraising, and donor appreciation.
- Oversee all areas of operations including facility, staff, volunteers, and financial planning.
- Direct reports include all roles at the local division.
- Model MFB’s five core values of: Serving Those in Need, Empowering Volunteers, Embracing Our Communities, Working with Integrity, and Executing Through Teamwork.
- Foster a Christ-centered culture; develop positive relationships and appreciation for volunteers, employees, partner agencies, and community and business contacts.
- Ensure compliance with all MFB policies, procedures, and rules and with all contractual obligations, regulatory standards, and relevant laws.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff, including volunteers, in support of job role; discipline and terminate staff as needed.
- Network with peers locally and nationally and across the MFB organization.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- 10-years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Non-profit, Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, oversee program implementation, and deliver results.
- Experience in community engagement, preferably across the greater Indianapolis area.
- Ability to foster team-oriented work environment and achievements through others.
- Proven initiative, problem-solving, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent professional communications, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to use technology or learn computer skills, such as Office 365 and Salesforce.
- Willingness to participate in training that may include development of professional skills, education on MFB’s policies and procedures, and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
- Periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer in an office setting; periods of movement in a warehouse setting.
- Minimal travel within community and to agencies; minimal out-of-state and overnight travel as needed; infrequent evening and weekend obligations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location