Internal Title: Instructor
The General Thoracic Surgery division of the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a scientific instructor in basic and translational research to lead scientific efforts in the laboratory. The job entails conducting independent research and teaching clinical and post-doctoral fellows.
The candidate will be responsible for oversite and performance of laboratory projects in close conjunction with the principal investigator and the other laboratory members The laboratory has a full-time manager who manages the budget and equipment, therefore, non-scientific project management requirements will be minimal.
- Experience with tumor biology and tumor immunology.
- Performs genomic analysis including DNA and RNA sequencing
- Performs single cell proteomic analysis including imaging mass cytometry and time-of flight mass cytometry
- Performs animal experiments including tumor experiments
- Experience with immunology with the knowledge basis to interact and work with the core facilities at BCM.
- Perform basic molecular biology techniques
- Performs cell culture and cell culture experiments
- Teaches concepts and techniques relevant to the laboratory to medical students, graduate students, and post-doctoral scholars.
- Independently analyzes data and proposes new experiment and laboratory direction
- Writes abstracts and manuscripts
- Participates in grant writing
- Help grow a research program with outstanding support of other established laboratory and core facilities at Baylor College of Medicine.
Qualified candidates should have a Ph.D. or M.D. and completed at least one postdoctoral fellowship.
One to fifteen years performing scientific research after completion of one post-doctoral fellowship.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated, subject to approved exemptions against vaccine- preventable diseases including, but not limited to COVID 19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.