Job ID: 42611
Location: Educ & Human Dev
PhD, MD or DVM and 0 to 3 years of related experience are required. The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EE. Salary Minimum $47,476.Preferred Qualifications
- Strong counseling and assessment skills
- Past experience in coordinating programs and/or providing supervision preferred
- Excellent report writing and organizational skills
Postdoctoral Associate - Cardinal Success Program
This position will not be filled until July 30, 2022.
We have an opening for a post-doctoral position during the 2022-2023 academic year. The one-year (with the possibility of a two-year), post-doctoral associate will be involved in supervision of graduate students from different mental health professions, administration of and providing direct clinical services at the Department of Counseling and Human Development's training clinics, called the Cardinal Success Program (CSP), and course instruction and training.
The Cardinal Success Program (CSP)
The CSP is an innovative partnership between the University of Louisville's College of Education and Human Development (CEHD), Department of Counseling and Human Development, and the community. By design, it offers free access to quality behavioral health and psychological assessment services to residents from traditionally underserved communities. The CSP has two locations in West Louisville. The Cardinal Success Program at Shawnee serves the community at the Academy at Shawnee (students, teachers, staff, and their families), an urban public middle and high school. The CSP at Nia is a community mental health clinic providing in-person and telehealth services to individuals with a diverse range of identities across the lifespan. In addition, services are provided in educational and medical settings at the facilities of multiple community partners throughout Louisville. Services are provided by graduate-level practicum students working under the direct supervision of a licensed mental health professional, who also serves as a University of Louisville faculty, as well as the post-doctoral associate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Assist in the oversight of programming and day-to-day operations of the CSP including but not limited to the following:
- Provide oversight, training, and clinical supervision of graduate-level practicum students.
- Provide supervision of comprehensive psychological assessment reports
- Co-lead weekly group supervision with the clinic director for all practicum students
- Develop strategies and programming to improve training for students and service delivery for clients. This includes evidence-based theoretically and culturally appropriate therapeutic approaches
- Provide oversight and training on clinical documentation, Electronic Medical Records, and ensure compliance of CSP policies and procedures
- Provide didactics and training of graduate students through providing trainings
- Provide outreach to community and other university departments to aid in recruitment and retention of graduate-level practicum students and clients
- Update clinic materials including policy and procedures documentation, consents, brochures, advertisements, website, and other materials
- Assist with generating reports for the department and other requestors, including grants and contracts
- Coordinate with community partners and staff to assess the needs of the community and develop programming and services to meet the community's need
- Assist with research at CSP
- Teach one graduate or undergraduate level course per semester
- Participate in the following:
- Weekly Treatment Team Meetings
- Weekly Supervision by Licensed Psychologist
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone 502-852-6258.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6258 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.