The Brugge laboratory at Harvard Medical School studies ovarian cancer, striving to discover the mechanisms behind drug resistance. We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our team. In this position, you will support the clinical evaluation of specific drug combinations for recalcitrant ovarian cancer. You will be responsible for performing correlative studies for the development and evaluation of targeted therapy combinations in ovarian cancer cell lines, patient-derived xenograft models, organoids and primary tumor samples. In addition, you will also investigate the genetic and proteomic markers that correlate with efficacy to identify putative biomarkers and candidate mechanisms for the differential drug responses. This position provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in drug discovery and translational studies. This postdoctoral position is ideally suited for those individuals interesting in a career in the pharmaceutical industry.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out drug treatments and generation of dose response curves
- Identify candidate drug combinations based on existing knowledge
- Perform various molecular analyses to identify mutations, translocations, and copy number alterations in pre- and post-treatment samples
- Characterize the proteomic adaptive responses in pre- and post-treatment samples
- Analyze clinical samples using proteomics and in situ imaging approaches
- Maintain tumor cell lines, tumor organoid cultures and patient-derived xenograft models
- Generate figures from these analyses for presentations and publications
- Communicate regularly with project collaborators on analysis progress and outcomes
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- PhD in tumor biology, pharmacology, biochemistry or similar
- 0-3 years post-degree experience (PhD students in the last year of their thesis work are eligible to apply)
- Experience or demonstrated interest in tumor biology
- Strong record of scientific achievement: publications, conference presentations, etc.
- Extensive hands-on wet-lab experience
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with interdisciplinary teams
- Must be willing to make a minimum 2-year commitment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Masks required and regular Covid testing is performed.
- Please provide the contact information for 3 references.
- Molecular biology: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location