Accounting Technician (Re-Advertised) - Accounting, Cocoa
Position Number: 091521-001H
Position Type: Part-Time
Position Status: Open, Accepting Applications
Apply for This Position: New User ------ Returning User
Campus & Location: Cocoa
Eastern Florida State College is currently seeking applications for the part-time position of Accounting Technician on the Cocoa Campus in Cocoa, Florida.
Salary & Benefit:
The hourly rate is $12.00 and considers relevant credentials and experience. This position has been approved for up to 28 hours per week. This position is eligible for regular part-time benefits (i.e. vacation, life insurance, etc.).
The Accounting Technician supports daily operations of Student Accounts/Cashiering area, providing assistance to a high volume of students and supporting staff.
The following minimum qualifications for this position must be met before any applicant will be considered:
- High school diploma or GED and two years business office and/or cash handling experience or previous experience with Banner student/AR.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver's License. Ability to travel to any of the four campuses, as needed.
- This position will require successful fingerprinting and the candidate chosen will be required to pay the associated fee (currently $37.25). This fingerprinting fee is non-refundable.
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work will be required to be considered beyond the application phase.*
*High School Diploma or GED or transcripts or official transcripts of all collegiate work (as appropriate for the position) must be sent directly from the attended institution to the Human Resources Office prior to the first day of employment. All foreign degrees must have a course-by-course official evaluation and translation sent to the Human Resources Office directly from an evaluation company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
Minimum physical qualifications:
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing. Ability to occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit and/or stand, bend, reach, and view a display screen for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information and/or data from a computer, for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to tear tape from a tape dispenser and tape down high volume of small receipts on 8 1/2 x 11 paper.
- Ability to function in a high-stress office environment.
Applications will be accepted from November 30, 2021 through December 9, 2021; however, the College reserves the right to extend or conclude searches without notice. Applications must be submitted prior to 5:00 p.m. on the closing day. This is a covered position under Chapter 295 Florida Statutes, which provides for Veterans’ Preference in employment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans.