Together Women Rise is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to build on the organization’s achievement and support of global gender equality for women and girls.
About Together Women Rise
Together Women Rise is a nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving global gender equality. Every woman and girl deserves the opportunity to live freely, pursue her dreams and reach her full potential.
Together Women Rise is a powerful community of over 5,500 women focused in 3 core areas: Learning: in monthly chapter meetings across the country and national online events. Giving: grants for organizations empowering women in low-income countries and long-term partnerships for systemic change and Community Building: connecting members and grantees for our common goal.
Hundreds of “Rise” volunteers at the local, regional and national levels work together and are essential for carrying out the organization’s mission – cultivating the collective power of community to achieve global gender equality. For additional information: togetherwomenrise.org
Together Women Rise is seeking a CEO who has a commitment to achieving global gender equality for women and girls. The CEO will provide strategic and inspirational leadership to a 5,500 plus member organization of volunteers, donors, staff, and grant recipients. This individual will strengthen the impact of Together Women Rise through fundraising and development of varied revenue streams as well as assisting in growing membership and establishing meaningful connections with diverse chapters across the United States.
The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and will oversee a staff of 5 people. Along with the Board of Directors, the CEO will have primary responsibility for ensuring the implementation of the organization’s strategic plan.
Administrative offices for Together Women Rise are located in Greenville, South Carolina. The organization intends to continue operating in a hybrid model, with most staff working from home and a small office for administrative functions. The position of CEO is a U.S. based remote position and requires a high degree of independent work and flexibility. Travel to locations where Together Women Rise has chapters, along with travel to Greenville, SC is expected. Up to 25% of the position will require travel.
Together Women Rise, formerly Dining for Women, is a 501(c)(3) with a budget of $2 million.
The CEO provides leadership to Together Women Rise and oversees the day-to-day affairs of the organization.
Strategic Vision and Inspirational Leadership
- Creates and promotes a positive environment for staff, volunteers, members and donors that supports collaboration, education, inspiration and transformation.
- Works with the Board of Directors to identify and support the strategic priorities of the organization; identifies and assesses risk; and initiates and assists in developing policy recommendations.
- Develops a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Assists the Board in developing strategic and collaborative alliances with key organizations.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive fundraising development plan to support the strategic priorities of the Together Women Rise including chapter membership, major gifts, planned giving, foundations, corporate support and other diversified revenue streams.
- Develops and maintains a robust donor stewardship program.
Communications and Operations
- Oversees a comprehensive marketing, branding, public relations and communications plan, ensuring consistency at every level.
- Serves as a spokesperson and establishes a positive relationship with the media and other major constituencies.
- Oversees risk management program, office space, information technology and day-to-day operations.
- Develops, recommends to the Board, and monitors the operating budget as well as long-term financial planning for the strategic plan.
- Maintains sound financial practices and internal controls.
- Oversees preparation of financial reports for the Board of Directors including performance against budget and cash flow.
- Oversees independent financial audit and external financial reporting.
Program Development and Member Support
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, inspires, educates, and engages people to invest in programs that make a meaningful difference for women and girls living in poverty.
- In conjunction with the board and staff, oversees the grant-making program and the development of long-term strategic partners to pursue systemic change for gender equality.
- Oversees chapter, member, donor, and volunteer services including recruitment, engagement, training, leadership development and retention.
- Oversees and expands on the member education program to increase understanding of gender equity issues and strategies.
- Provides strong support and leadership for staff, promoting collaboration, focus on goals and professional growth.
- Serves as a liaison between staff and board to ensure focus on priorities for pursuing the strategic plan.
- Provide oversight and leadership of diversity, equity and inclusion issues relating to staff and board, grantees and membership.
- Participates in professional associations and/or community affairs that benefit the organization’s mission.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Passion for critical issues facing women and girls globally.
- Nonprofit fundraising experience including cultivation and stewardship of major donors, annual fund, planned giving, grant writing, foundation, corporate support and diversified revenue streams.
- Experience in working with a Board of Directors.
- Nonprofit management experience
- Outstanding written, presentation and communication skills.
- Financial management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, advanced degree a plus.
- Knowledge of international development and gender equity issues.
- Strong commitment to fostering an organization that is inclusive, diverse, and open to all people.
- Strong commitment to global gender equality for women and girls.
- Excellent organizational and team management skills.
- The experience and ability to be an articulate spokesperson, relationship builder and organization champion.
- An astute manager who can set clear priorities, delegate, invest in people and systems, solve problems and make timely decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The vision and strategic thinking to perceive opportunities for growth.
- Ability to provide thought leadership in developing a strategic future with a process that engages multiple stakeholders.
- The ability to acknowledge and respect diverse opinions while prioritizing those that support the mission and work of Together Women Rise.
- Excellent coalition building/partnership skills.
- Ability to successfully manage conflict and adversity.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – actively seeks new opportunities.
Together Women Rise does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Together Women Rise provides stipends to contribute to the cost of health insurance and to voluntary benefits, including short term disability. Together Women Rise has established a 403(B) plan. At this time, there is no organizational match to the 403(B). A remote work allowance is provided as well as four weeks paid time off and 13 paid holidays.
The search for the CEO is being conducted by The Moran Company.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to Becky Hauk at The Moran Company. Resume should include all professional experience, dates of employment (month and year), position/title, and organization names.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Work Location: Remote