The Trans Housing Coalition (THC) seeks a full-time Director to join a 13-month-old and growing team. This is a unique opportunity to be a collaborator in establishing an innovative nonprofit organization directly supporting trans communities.
THC works to uplift trans and gender non-conforming people of color impacted by chronic homelessness in Atlanta. To accomplish our mission, THC utilizes a Housing First approach to provide transitional and permanent housing and intensive wraparound services. Housing First is an evidence-based program founded on the belief that housing is a basic human right, and so the first step to overcoming homelessness is to access housing, without having to first satisfy requirements such as sobriety.
THC echoes this belief and seeks to offer barrier-free, culturally competent, and respectful services to trans and gender non-conforming people impacted by substance abuse, un- or underemployment, lack of access to medical care, mental illness, and so on. THC also aims to operate from a harm-reductionist, transformative justice lens. An ideal candidate will have knowledge of and experience implementing all these philosophies in their work.
The Director will be a visionary and knowledgeable leader with a demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of THC. Ideal candidates will be strategic, adventurous thinkers grounded in queer and trans liberation, racial justice, housing justice, and issues impacting homeless people. Further, the Director will exhibit a passion for collaboration and a willingness to lead by building consensus among THC staff members, the THC Board of Directors and the wider community.
Communications & Outreach
- Build the profile of the organization through the active representation of THC at key meetings, events, and conferences.*
- Develop and oversee THC’s communications and branding strategy, in collaboration with appropriate team members.*
Strategic Development & Organizational Management
- Lead the mission and vision of THC to uplift trans and gender non-conforming people of color impacted by chronic homelessness.*
- Foster an organizational culture at THC that values trust, transparency, collaboration, and respect.
- Oversee the development of THC’s first strategic plan.
- Manage and support all programmatic functions of THC, including oversight of case management and other programs or projects THC is engaged in.
- Hire, manage, and nurture a diverse and talented staff team as needed, in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Meet with public and private, local and national organizations, entities, and people to further THC’s mission, establish partnerships, acquire resources, etc.*
Development & Fundraising
- Ensure the financial health of the organization by developing and leading the implementation of THC’s fundraising strategy and budget.*
- Identify and cultivate strong relationships with individual and foundation donors.*
- Payroll, approving client direct support
- Approving programmatic payments
- Meet with accountants to help maintain quarterly reports
- ensure properties are maintained
- Other administrative duties as needed
*Several of these tasks may be done in collaboration with THC founder Jesse Pratt Lopez, as needed.
WORK HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The Director is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position. Work will occur between normal business hours (between 8 am - 5 pm) but will also include some evening, early morning, and possible on-call evening hours. THC is a new organization based in Atlanta, GA with no physical office space; as such, this is a remote position. However, candidates must be currently located in or willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA.
The salary range is $70-$80,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits are 100% employer-paid.
While no candidate will possess every attribute listed below, the successful candidate will offer many of them due to their professional and personal background:
- A person of trans experience
- Demonstrated record of transformational leadership within collaborative organizations and queer and trans communities of color.
- Ability to frame tough issues, facilitate difficult conversations, and be decisive but open in leadership.
- 2+ years of nonprofit management experience.
- 2+ years of development experience preferred, with a solid track record of fundraising and successful grants management.
- Experience with staff supervision, mentorship, organizational leadership, and board stewardship.
- Knowledge of, or experience with programs and services available to transgender and gender non-conforming people.
- Knowledge of, or experience with homeless services, mental health services, addiction treatment services, and/or navigating the criminal injustice system.
- Knowledge of, experience with, or a willingness to learn about and practice Housing First, Harm Reduction, Trauma-Informed Care, Transformative justice, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Office, GSuite, or similar software required.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver's license, personal transportation with liability insurance preferred.
- Be self-motivated with good verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Flexible approach to working with clients and the ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and on a collaborative team.
The Trans Housing Coalition (THC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individual based on any non-merit factor and is committed to being an equitable workplace where everyone is treated as a respected and valued member of the team. THC actively seeks to build and sustain a diverse workplace. We encourage and foster the leadership of women, young people, people of color, Black people, Native/Indigenous people, immigrant and refugees, low-income people, queer, trans, and gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, people who have been formerly imprisoned, people who have been homeless, and people living in the many intersections of these experiences. We encourage people from these communities to apply.
This search is being run by NRG Consulting Group. Please apply here: https://nrgconsultinggroup.applytojob.com/apply/AKKjOat1s8/Executive-Director-Trans-Housing-Coalition
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
Work Location: Multiple Locations