Fathers and Families Center is located in Indianapolis, Indiana, “The Crossroads of America,” a community where people believe in the power of self-development and the opportunity to succeed. Since its inception in 1993, Fathers and Families Center has been empowering fathers and fragile families to build noble legacies for their children throughout Indianapolis, Indiana. During this time, the Center has earned a regional and national reputation for embracing the challenges experienced by fathers and their families residing in some of our most disenfranchised communities.
The mission of Fathers and Families Center is “to build a noble legacy of fatherhood -assisting fathers in achieving self-sufficiency and in strengthening families to improve the life chances of children.” Fathers and Families Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that provides education, support, and advocacy to help move clients toward independence and self-sufficiency. Fathers and Families Center has an active Board of Directors, a dedicated staff of 17 professionals, and a $1.8 million-dollar annual budget.
The President/CEO serves as the chief executive of Fathers and Families Center and works in partnership with the Board of Directors. The President/CEO, is responsible for the success, sustainability and growth of the organization. The President/CEO promotes Center’s importance, mission, vision and accountability to its diverse constituents in the community. The President/CEO, reporting to the Board of Directors, oversees operations and policies while setting the strategic direction while serving as a subject matter expert
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The President/CEO works with the Board to uphold the mission, vision and values, as well as sets strategic direction, develops administrative policies and procedures, oversees and develops staff, and directs fundraising. The President /CEO is also responsible for serving as the face of the organization, establishing and sustaining community partnerships, setting and implementing goals, and conducting organizational planning.
- Strategic Vision and Leadership: Works with the Board to set strategic direction and provides leadership for implementation of FFC priorities in alignment with the mission, while fostering a positive, professional, and high-performing workplace. Works with Board, as a whole and in committees, to fulfill the Board’s governance responsibilities and further the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Fund-Raising: Serves as the lead fund development officer for FFC; working with the Board and key staff to identify funding opportunities and develop fundraising goals, effective stewardship strategies and cultivation of funds for programs, capacity-building, and prudent reserves as well as endowment funds as appropriate. Manage a sustainable and successful strategy for growing revenue, grants, contributions, and other income at appropriate levels.
- Community Impact and Partnerships: Serves as the chief spokesperson across public, private, governmental and philanthropic sectors establishing collaborations, support and awareness. Effectively represent the Center at national, state, and local levels, advocating for its mission and for key issues related to fatherhood and its impact on families and communities.
- Operations/Financial Performance: Works with the senior management team and other staff to ensure that the Fathers and Families Center’s programs meet established goals and objectives, and positively impact the Center’s recipients and clientele. Manages FFC resources judiciously to generate financial viability, sustainability, and growth of the organization. Build and maintain high levels of stewardship, transparency, and accountability. Maintains ongoing compliance with law, regulation, funder requirements and best practice.
- Human Resources: Maintains a high performing team with integrity and fair oversight, holding the staff accountable. Ensures that all staff are properly trained, coached, and developed for their assignments.
Professional Qualifications and Attributes
- Master’s Degree in related fields required, relevant experience to be considered
- 7-10 years in a senior strategic leadership position required including experience leading a high performing team in the nonprofit sector or in the management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
- Proven ability to fund-raise, sell/promote an organization
- Demonstrated ability of successful grant/contract awards and compliance
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form to a range of audiences internally and externally
- Ability to build a dynamic team, incorporating development and growth opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and identify with clientele
- Adept at financial management
- Experience in organizational strategic planning
- Collaborative and able to cultivate partnerships
- Capable of board development and governance experience
- Passionate about the mission of the organization
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to addressing and solving problems.
- Highly collaborative and inclusive
- Comfortable working in an office environment with staff and clients
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Proficient at writing and evaluating social media communications
Salary and Benefits
Salary: The starting salary associated with the position is $120,000 and commensurate based upon skill set, accomplishments, and experience.
Benefits: An extensive comprehensive benefits package is available consisting of health, bereavement, PTO, EAP, FMLA, military, personal and professional development training. Additionally, employees are eligible to participate in the employer matched 401(a) and 457(b) retirement program.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Fathers and Families Center is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It is the Center’s philosophy and policy to treat its employees and applicants fairly and without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by law. In addition, the Center does not discriminate against employees or prospective employees based on genetic information of the individual and/ or the individual's family member. The Center also prohibits retaliation against an employee for making a good faith complaint of discrimination or for truthfully participating in an employment discrimination investigation or proceeding,
Questions should be directed to Gregory D. Baker Senior Search Consultant, The Moran Company: greg (at) morancompany.com
To apply to this position, submit resume and cover letter to Gregory Baker, the Moran Company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location