Asst Athletic Director-Marketing/Promotions/Tickets
Athletic Administration, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
Develops, coordinates and oversees all marketing and promotional activities for the 22-intercollegiate sport athletic program.
- Assists the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Business Affairs with budget forecasting and monitoring the Marketing and Promotions budget throughout the year.
- Assists Director of Corporate Sponsorships with all fulfillments of corporate sponsorship agreements.
- Supervises full-time Director of Tickets Operations.
- Develops ticket marketing plans within budgetary requirements for selected sports in order to promote fan attendance and generate revenue.
- Coordinates the dissemination of information to various athletic teams to create excitement and attendance at selected sports; use of social media, email blasts, on-line web site, and new technology to reach various groups.
- Designs, develops, writes, and edits advertisements, posters, schedule cards, schedule magnets, flyers, newsletters, brochures and other publications.
- Coordinates with assigned vendors to ensure publications and promotional materials are printed on schedule and within budget parameters.
- Coordinates and implements all game-day promotional activities and contests.
- Develops game day scripts for video board, music, and public address announcements; coordinate efforts with campus and internal groups related to game day, including video coordinator, marketing staff, technical services, band, cheerleaders, dance team and outside groups attending and/or performing on game day.
- Coordinates all game-day presentations with University, external groups or individuals
- Actively develops and use social media to further marketing and branding efforts of individual sports and Fordham Athletics.
- Interviews, hires, schedules, and trains student workers; ensures that students are learning skills while assisting in day-to-day and game day activities related to marketing and promotion of various sports.
- Oversees youth fan club including production and distribution of newsletters and promotional activities at various home events.
- Complies with all NCAA, Atlantic 10, Patriot League and University rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3-5 years’ of relevant experience.
- Social Media experience (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education
- Master’s Degree in Marketing.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/2617
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories