for Outreach, Prevention and Wellness Services
Counseling and Psychological Services, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Coordinates, oversees, and implements CPS’ outreach and prevention services at the Rose Hill campus.
- Provides direct clinical services, including triages, brief psychotherapy, group counseling and crisis intervention, to a diverse undergraduate and graduate student population.
- Provides clinical supervision and training for pre-doctoral externs, post-doctoral fellows, psychiatric residents, and mental health counseling and social work interns.
- Provides consultation to faculty, administrators, families, and community providers about students of concern and campus wide mental health issues.
- Coordinates and oversees CPS’ undergraduate internship in mental health promotion and wellness.
- Coordinates and implements CPS’ Interactive Screening Program.
- Participates in multidisciplinary and administrative team meetings.
- Participates in University-wide and student affairs events and programs as assigned.
- Advanced degree in a mental health related field (clinical or counseling psychology, social work, mental health counseling) from an accredited program.
- Licensed or license eligible as a mental health provider in New York State.
- Significant experience with providing short-term counseling and psychotherapy in a university/college mental health setting.
- Commitment to providing multicultural counseling and conceptualizing from a psychodynamic framework.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse university community of students, faculty, administrators, and families.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: 1/03/22
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Jeffrey Ng, Psy.D.
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories