Adult Education Instructor - Boone County
Job Category: Staff
College Name: Gateway Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Florence, KY
Department: Adult Education
Gateway Community & Technical College invites applications for an Adult Education Instructor at our Boone County campus. This full-time position will be responsible for direct student instruction for GED prep as well as student testing and database maintenance in the Boone County adult education program.
Gateway Community & Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree-granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region. Gateway engages, connects, and inspires all students through education to successfully champion our region’s competitive workforce and improve their quality of life.
Gateway offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Instruction might include any or all of the following: GED/Adult Basic Education/Literacy and English as a Second Language (ESL) by applying research-based best practices and using various forms of technology.
- Administers Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE) and GED Ready test as needed.
- Conducts new student orientation sessions on a monthly basis.
- Maintains student files and enters all student data into the state database including enrollment, testing, and attendance.
- Participates in all state-required professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Certifications, and Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, or equivalent.
- Must score 12.9 on the TABE in Reading and Math.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Database experience.
- Testing experience.
- Experience in an adult ed program with either GED prep or ESL preferred
- Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
- Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technology skills.
- Ability to develop curriculum and lessons at various levels of difficulty.
- Ability to work with adult students.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and, in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Anticipated start date: January 2022
Initial review of applicants will begin 2 weeks after the position posting date and applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Gateway Community & Technical College is located in Northern Kentucky - part of the Greater Cincinnati Region and is Northern Kentucky’s only public, accredited, comprehensive two-year institution. Gateway offers high-quality, targeted education to meet the personal and professional needs of students, and contribute to the economic development of the region.
Gateway is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and we are committed to creating a campus environment that values the exploration, appreciation, and celebration of diversity while promoting inclusiveness, multiculturalism, and global awareness.
Contact: Allison Williams
Open Date: 11/23/2021
Close Date: 12/07/2021
Hours Per Week: 37.50
Assignment Period: 12
Opportunity type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Degree Type: Bachelor's
Minimum Years Experience: 2
Desired Years Experience: 3
Salary Type: Exempt
Salary Upper: 42,300/year