Business & Industry Health Care Trainer (Part-Time) (ADM3014)
Health Care Training · Junction City, Kansas
- Classroom and clinical teaching to prepare students to become certified nurse assistants (CNAs), certified medication aides (CMAs) as required, and home health aides (HHAs) optional as determined by the coordinator.
- Assist the Coordinator with the development of curriculum(s) via alternative delivery methods as assigned such as: on-line, ITV or telecourses.
- Teach credit and non-credit Health Care Training classes as assigned.
- Ability to teach using alternative delivery systems, such as: on-line, ITV, or telecourses.
- Prepare lesson plans for standard and customized training courses as needed.
- Prepare and revise course syllabi and instructional materials as needed.
- Comply with policies and procedures set forth by HutchCC.
- The willingness to teach within a flexible schedule, including, but not limited to, evenings and weekends as required.
- Collaborate with clinical agencies in arranging and implementing assigned clinical experiences as assigned.
- Provide instruction at both on-campus and off-campus locations.
- Manage and report student grades and attendance records per college policy.
- Work effectively and with professionalism in a team setting.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Health Care Training Coordinator.
- Current Kansas Registered Nurse Licensure or current license to practice as a registered nurse in Kansas.
- Minimum of three (2) years of clinical or related experience and direct patient care in long term care facility and/or other clinical environment.
- Record keeping experience preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience developing and implementing educational classes.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with many people.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; walking, bending, stooping, carrying; excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills; the ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; visual acuity to view a computer terminal; use appropriate judgment and to apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; Medium to heavy/indoor work environment.
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.