Job Title Instructor – Industrial Electrical
Department Academics GC
Posting Category Faculty
Desired Start Date 01/17/2022
Hourly Rate (if applicable)
Full Salary Range Click Here for Faculty Salary Schedule
• Employer paid retirement plan (17.37% employer paid; 1.25% employee paid)
• Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
• Four days per year paid personal leave
• Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
• Employee and family tuition waivers
• Free easy-access parking
• Collaborative work environment
• Onsite fitness center and walking track
• Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
• Professional development
Months Worked Annually Full-time 9 months
Typical Work Schedule
Weekend, evenings, and/or summer teaching is expected.
Posting Number 20150680P
Job Posting Date 10/07/2021
Initial Review Date 10/21/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
The Industrial Electrical Instructor is a full-time teaching position located on the Gillette campus of the Northern Wyoming Community College District (NWCCD). This faculty member will provide lecture and laboratory instruction in Industrial Electrical courses in the Associate of Applied Science and Certificate of Completion programs. This individual will be team-oriented and will collaborate with NWCCD colleagues to develop curriculum, academic programs, assessment of student learning, and provide for the maintenance of equipment. This instructor will actively work with industry representatives to ensure that students are prepared to enter the workforce with appropriate electrical skills and knowledge. Other duties include supporting student success by engaging students in the electrical discipline, support of student activities, and advising students in the Industrial Electrical program. A successful candidate can communicate effectively with students and staff, engage in learner-centered teaching methods, serve on institutional committees, and otherwise contribute to the collegial environment of the campus and district. Weekend, evenings, and/or summer teaching is expected.
Reports To Travis Grubb, Dean of Career Technical Education
- Knowledge of commercial and residential wiring; industrial supervisory experience
- Prior electrical training or teaching experience
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Master Electrician or a Journeyman with at least 3 years’ experience as an electrician preferred
- Competency using Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Knowledge using classroom technology including learning management software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and industry representatives
- Capable of teaching a variety of industrial electricity/electronics classes
- Commitment to the community college mission and technical education.
- Effective communication
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities
- Ability to engage students
- Skill in maintaining collegial working relationships;
- Passion for learning and promoting new things within their expertise
- Current knowledge of National Electrical Code and industrial wiring methods;
- Knowledge of motor control including automated control, PLCs and VFDs
- Preferred: Knowledge of commercial and residential wiring; industrial supervisory experience
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Classroom, lab/shop, and office setting
- Evening and weekend if scheduled
About Northern Wyoming Community College District
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked “America’s Top Western Town” by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Preferred: Knowledge of commercial and residential wiring; industrial supervisory experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
All NWCCD job postings are contingent on funding.
Transcripts will be required and may be attached to your online application documents under “Transcripts” and for additional space, under “Other Documents” or emailed to: HR@sheridan.edu. Letters of recommendation are highly recommended and can be attached to your online application documents (up to three letters), or may be sent to Human Resources at HR@sheridan.edu.