Coordinator, Security Operations
Requisition Number : SCA00501
Under the direction of the Manager, Public Safety, the Coordinator, Security Operations supervises security staff and coordinates all security planning pertaining to personal safety of students, staff and the public. The Coordinator assists in the development of a secure environment in conjunction with the College’s goal of a safe and welcoming working environment.
- Investigate accidents, injuries, misconduct and other incidents occurring on College property and follow up on incidents reported.
- Serve as the College’s Campus Security Authority (CSA).
- Assist in the preparation of material and evidence for College use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Coordinate staffing of in-house security staff, including staff assignments and work schedules.
- Review security staff reports for completion and accuracy; provide feedback/training as needed.
- Assist Manager with fire drills and evacuation procedures in accordance with Philadelphia Fire Code.
- Assist Manager with planning and conducting training programs for staff development.
- Provide staff instruction in the areas of personal security and emergency response.
- Assist Manager with compiling, analyzing, and evaluating loss information and statistics and develops reports for all appropriate locations/departments.
- Enforce staff compliance of standard operating procedures to ensure proper use, safeguards and maintenance of allocated equipment.
- Coordinate and supports security requirements for on-campus programs and services.
- Assist in the coordination of safety and security planning for major events on campus.
- Manage electronic security systems, ID cards and data collection systems; produce daily reports and logs.
- Provide back-up support in the absence of the Manager, as needed.
- Assign security personnel for the transportation of the College’s President; provide transport as needed. Interface with VIP administrators for transportation schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) with five (5) years of relevant work experience is required.
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity required.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to facilities and personal security/safety techniques and design required.
- Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours, as needed, is required.
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel to various College locations required.
- Strong computer skills including basic proficiency utilizing MS Word and MS Excel required.
- Ability to interpret and explain policies, practices, laws, codes and procedures required.
- Ability to implement strategies and programs required.
- Ability to prepare technical investigative reports and correspondence required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, respect and understanding for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, or related field, with two (2) years of relevant work experience preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
Experience in a college or university setting preferred.
Knowledge of local, state and federal codes related to risk management, security and emergency issues preferred.
Work Location : Main Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
All College Employees must be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption from the College and submit to regular COVID testing as an accommodation.
Interested persons should complete an online application
Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED
Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on November 26, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary Grade or Rank : 2
Salary Range Salary commensurate with relevant work experience
Job Posting Open Date : 11/12/2021
Type of Position : Administrator
Employment Status : Full-Time