Job Title: *Evening Custodian
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 11/19/21 12:00 AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $11.26 - $12.49 Hourly
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Main Campus, 2200 E. Red River, Victoria, Texas
Division: Administrative Services
Victoria College's Physical Plant department is hiring for a full-time Evening Custodian. This position is responsible for maintaining buildings in a clean and safe condition at all times, and for following a work schedule so that all areas of the assigned buildings are cleaned regularly. Responsible for reporting maintenance problems to the Maintenance Department. This position is benefits eligible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Full-time evening position with the following work schedule: Monday – Friday, 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm, with a 1-hour meal break.
2. May be required to perform cleaning in support of day/weekend special events.
3. Performs custodial functions using proper equipment, tools, methods and materials.
4. Sweeps, scrubs, mops, waxes and polishes floors.
5. Refinishes floors in classrooms, offices, corridors and bathrooms.
6. Vacuums carpets; shampoos and extracts carpets.
7. Cleans bathroom walls, floors and fixtures; replenishes bathroom supplies.
8. Cleans ceilings, walls, woodwork, furniture, chalkboards, marker boards, and interior/exterior glass.
9. Empties trash s, replaces liners and cleans s.
10. Performs related work as assigned.
- One year custodial work experience required.
- One year of military experience within the last five years, with an honorable release/discharge from active duty, may be substituted for the one year of custodial work experience.
- Knowledge of the materials and methods used in cleaning buildings is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and effective working relationship with other employees.
- Able to read and understand safety information, policies and procedures.
- Able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Available to assist with occasional special events and programs.
- Willing to assist instructors, staff, students and visitors as needed.
- A smart phone or other approved device is required to install and utilize the ExakTime Mobile App to capture and record all employee time records.
- Must be able to operate commercial cleaning equipment like floor buffer, vacuum cleaner, etc.
- Must be able to safely push, pull, carry or frequently lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must have ability to stand for a minimum of two (2) hours without a break.
- Must have the ability for reaching and stooping frequently.
- Must be able to climb step ladders, carry trash s and empty them into overhead bins, push and pull cleaning supply carts.