Transition Specialist - Part Time
The purpose of this class is to provide a professional level of support service to students. Located on CCBC main campuses and extension centers.
Bachelor's Degree and two years of experience in career, academic or human services. A valid driver's license is required and a good driving record of five (5) points or less).
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Provide career direction and guidance for current, and potential, students who enroll in CCBC programs that lead to certifications, credentials and employment.
- Focus on job development and career guidance in program areas with assigned placement, and performance metrics (i.e. WIOA eligible programs, GED and CASAS level improvements and preparation, as well as, specific contracts and grants).
- Maintain working, and collaborative, relationships with Continuing Education Program Coordinators, and CCBC Student Enrollment Management Services, to ensure the success of student outcomes and goals.
- Conduct College Awareness, Life Skills, and Job Readiness trainings and/or classes for students and work with students to develop individual job search and career plans.
- Conduct surveys, assessments and evaluations in relevant Continuing Education programs to help assess current strength of Student Support programming, as well as assess student needs.
- Assist students with transitional services (i.e. housing, transportation, child care, license and other supportive services), as required.
- Use a case management approach to track student outcomes.