Salary : $47,379.71 - $63,251.91 Annually
Location : Varies: Main campus/Online/ Alvin ISD/ Danbury ISD/ Pearland ISD High Schools/ UHCL-Pearland/ TDCJ
Division : Office of the Assistant to the President
Job Number : 2021-185
This is a full-time Professional position. Should a review of your application result in the intent to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email for an interview. The salary will depend upon the directly related years of work experience.
Your application status will be updated throughout the review process.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Requires flexible work schedule to meet program needs, which may include working days, evenings and/or weekends.
May require travel to our main campus in Alvin and/or to various offsite locations, including local high schools in Alvin, Danbury, Manvel and Pearland.
Requires the provision of official transcripts and/or certifications within (30) days of hire.
Applicants with academic credentials from non-U.S. accredited institutions are required to have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." All international credential evaluations must be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®) in order to be considered for a faculty position. Applicants bear the responsibility of requesting, paying associated fees, and obtaining an original transcript evaluation for submission to the Office of Human Resources. Please refer to the NACES® website for further information (www.naces.org).
Alvin Community College is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender equity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or veteran's status.
The event coordinator will act as the point of contact for all campus events and coordinate with various College departments. This is a highly visible position on campus that must represent the College on campus and within the community. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Development and Outreach.
- Support VP, Development and Outreach with logistics of pre-event planning meetings to ensure the event details are planned and scheduled with the designated department/program organizer and coordinated with the President's office, physical plant, marketing and media, communications, campus police, ACC Foundation and student liaisons
- Coordinate and ensure logistics for internal campus events, including but not limited to, graduations, awards day, an Afternoon of Honor, Fall Festival, convocation, Veterans Day, ACC gala, Big Band, job fair, Amazing Race, retirement celebrations and other special events
- Create a project plan for each event that includes details, such as securing the venue, catering, décor, security, permits, vendor management, room setup and breakdown, technology needs and marketing for events
- Schedule and conduct post-event meetings to assess the event success
- Support VP, Administrative Services as External Liaison for client venue rentals
- Coordinate and ensure logistics for external campus events including room reservations, room configurations, A/V, security, room setup/room tear down, while working collaboratively with internal departments to ensure client’s needs are met.
- Work with Marketing and Media to develop material for promoting facility rentals
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed for internal and external events, including room reservations, marketing standards, i.e. Ad Astra
- Create and coordinate a college-wide calendar of events
- Conduct college-wide trainings on campus event planning
- Maintain event scheduling and room utilization software, Ad Astra
- Maintain the calendar of events on the POD and the College website
- Track and report usage of college space for events using room reservation software
- Collaborate with the Physical Plant on room reservations workflow for internal/external clients
- Analyze and plan events strategically
- Detail oriented
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, management, logistics or related field
- Minimum 3 years of event planning, logistics, scheduling or other directly related experience
- Must have a valid driver license and current insurance
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Physical ability to left 20 lbs or more
The incumbent typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to twenty (20) pounds