Administrative Assistant for College & Career Readiness (CCR)
This is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the Dean of College & Career Readiness. Work ranges from standardized office support assignments to the performance of administrative duties involving decision-making and good judgment, knowledge, and understanding of the division programs and compliance procedures for State and Federal policies. Commitment to the college’s mission, vision, and core values is expected.
Full Time or Part Time : Full Time
Essential Duties Summary
- Supports the division dean in the development of the division’s course schedules, including coordination of instructor’s schedules, block schedules, room utilization, textbook orders, etc.
- Gives support to full-time and part-time faculty.
- Provides generalized office support activities which include a significant concentration in composition, records, files, reports, and public contact including:
- Monitors/maintains the overall division budget, including grant budgets, and generates budget reports for the division.
- Composition, preparation, distribution, and maintaining records/reports (e.g., setting up course sections and contracts in Colleague, rosters, payroll, etc). Ensures the accuracy of course information, including the number of hours, type of course, and course titles.
- Responsible for the data entry and maintaining records of all students enrolled in College & Career Readiness (CCR).
- Input student testing and monitor data and coordinate post-testing efforts monthly with all instructors to meet federal and state performance measures.
- Oversee the data for state, federal, and WIOA monthly reports. Monthly reporting of all classes Measurable Skill Gains (MSGs) and Periods of Participations (POPs).
- Submit monthly Literacy Education Information System (LEIS) reports to North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS).
- Pull No Attendance Report (NAR) that includes student’s last date of attendance and email all instructors.
- Cross-checks completed the course for accuracy, including the number of hours completed, number of hours to be reported for FTE purposes, required signatures, and that attendance matches reported hours on the WebAttendance.
- Distributes/collects/grades and verifies class rosters and student grade reports for all division classes, coordinating with the records manager of WDCE for timely processing, as well as calculating FTE potential from attendance recorded.
- Coordinates with the Workforce Development and Community Education (WDCE) records manager to ensure CCR records are properly reported.
- Submits monthly time and effort reports required through the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR).
- Maintains departmental files for full-time and part-time staff/instructors, including current personnel files to ensure compliance with accrediting bodies.
- Understand the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Participates in college committees and professional development opportunities, both internally and externally.
- Oversees the High School Equivalency (HSE) testing process.
- Assists in scheduling new students for orientation.
- Coordinates changes for the CCR Web page.
- Assists with updates for the divisions marketing program
- Answers telephone and provides general information to students and the public.
- Responsible for division mail distribution.
- Back-up printing services operator for department
4. Performs other related duties as required by supervisor.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Office Systems Technology or related field,
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong customer service skills,
- Ability to manage multiple projects,
- Organizational and time management skills, and
- Ability to work within a team.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Regularly work on repetitive tasks.
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds.
- Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Posting Number: 10236P
Open Date : 11/05/2021
Close Date : 11/28/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Desired Start Date : 01/04/2022
Review Start Date: 11/29/2021